Mountain View, CA (PRWEB) February 5, 2008
The new WTRS Wireless Connectivity Technology Trends Report examines the market potential, effectiveness of existing technologies and components, global & regional market trends & forecasts, outstanding regulatory issues, progress of de facto standards development, regional economic effects, and strategic developments of market makers. The report includes a thorough evaluation of emerging "Wireless Connectivity" technologies including applications of Bluetooth, millimeter wave wireless, UWB, and IEEE 802.11n.
"In the past we have seen a number of wireless connectivity technologies without well-identified applications, and now we have applications adopting technologies," says Dr Kirsten West, Principal Analyst of WTRS. "What we are seeing is a continuing adoption by groups that define application profiles of these technologies. We are now getting applications that take the basic radios and develop a solution with them ahead of the standards groups, such as wireless HDMI, providing perhaps an even bigger catalyst for end product adoption."
The WTRS Wireless Connectivity Technology Trends Report findings include:
(1) The addition and integration of WiFi to Bluetooth and its potential to enable WiFi to penetrate the mobile phone market more strongly
(2) The pre-802.11n standard end product market will be regulated by a WiFi Alliance-run, pre-n interoperability certification program
(3) Analysis of Wireless Connectivity use cases by technology
(4) An analysis of the emergence of WirelessHD and the underlying SiBeam technology
(5) Wireless Connectivity market makers
(6) The Certified Wireless USB radio chipset companies who are capable of addressing the regulatory requirements of the global market
(7) The regulatory influences on the productization of Certified Wireless USB
(8) Metro WiFi as a stimulant of general end-user wireless adoption
(9) Analysis of the Certified Wireless USB I/F, WiMedia Alliance, Bluetooth SiG, WiFi Alliance, and WirelessHD
Wireless Connectivity is the mechanism for utilizing wireless technologies as the underlying platform to deploy networks for data and multimedia content delivery over distances confined to 30 meters. Examples of technologies and protocols included in the "Wireless Connectivity" area are applications of Bluetooth, UWB (including DS-UWB from GiT and others, CW-UWB from PulseLink, and MB-OFDM UWB from the WiMedia Alliance), millimeter wave wireless from SiBeam, the IEEE 802.11 family, and IEEE 802.11n.
The results are based on discussions with executive management from major participants in the marketplace, as well as WTRS proprietary macroeconomic research tools. Each purchase of this - or any - of our Reports entitles the customer to one hour consultation time with the senior analyst in this field. WTRS also offers extended consultative assistance on this subject which will either supplement or even supplant the referenced Market Report.
WTRS Wireless Connectivity Technology Trends Report Winter 2008
SKU: WT020308WCCS available immediately on our web site - http://www.wtrs.net
WTRS (West Technology Research Solutions) is a California based research, publishing and consulting company focused on emerging wireless technologies. With a nine-year record of successful growth, we're ready to help your company make market decisions and plan for the future. WTRS offers core wireless industry and application market expertise in order to assist clients with strategic business development activities. Whether you need custom market studies, specific industry or application analysis, individual market sizing, or technology viability analyses, we can help make your future planning more accurate.
For additional information, please contact us, or visit our website at http://www.wtrs.net