Washington, DC (PRWEB) February 5, 2008
As major avionics-related initiatives come to the fore, questions about the new technology and its ramifications are causing uncertainty among decision makers in aviation.
In the future world of Automatic Dependent Surveillance - Broadcast (ADS-B) and the FAA's Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) blueprint, aviation managers of all types are wondering how their organizations will cope with the wholesale change. That will be the overriding theme of a new webinar, "Avionics: The Latest Innovations in the Cockpit", sponsored by the web site Aviation Today and scheduled for Thursday, February 14, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (ET). To register for this webinar or for more information, click here.
"With the advent of ADS-B and NextGen, the technology in the cockpit is increasingly crucial," says Aviation Today publisher and webinar moderator, John Persinos. "The global airspace is becoming more integrated and Internet connected, heralding an array of avionics features that are pushing the boundaries of what's capable. How do manufacturers, pilots, mechanics, engineers, air traffic control professionals, and other interested parties sort through this change?"
This webinar will examine the latest innovations in the cockpit - how they work and what they portend for everyone in aviation. Speakers will include Bill Carey, editor-in-chief of Avionics magazine and Raul Segredo, president, Avionica, Inc.
Covered topics will include:
- What new avionics technologies do Boeing, Airbus and other aircraft OEMs envision
- What will be the aircraft and operator requirements for NextGen?
- What new ADS-B applications are emerging and how can end users prepare for them?
- What are the latest improvements in Electronic Flight Bags (EFBs)?
- How does Iridium prepare air operators for ADS-B and NextGen?
- How can new avionics technologies mitigate chronic airport delays and ATC congestion?
- What's new in avionics for light business jets?
- What's the economic outlook in 2008 for the commercial air transport avionics market?
- Why is integrated voice and data messaging in the cockpit so important?
- What's the outlook for the avionics retrofit market?
To register for this webinar or for more information, please visit
Contact: John Persinos jpersinos @ accessintel.com.