Orem, Utah (PRWEB) February 6, 2008
A few special words, cardstock, adhesive and a paper trimmer can be enough to create a handmade valentine. ScrapNfonts makes it possible with affordable Valentine's Day fonts and Doodlebats--dingbat fonts brought to a new level of creativity. Through February 14, more than 1,700 fonts and Doodlebats are on sale for just $1 each.
Stylish fonts have long been used by scrapbookers on layouts, as titles, journaling text or as decorative accents. The use of fonts as artistic elements has spread to card making and other crafts, as can be seen in the pages of Paper Crafts magazine and in hundreds of online galleries. ScrapNfonts' Doodlebats offer a new use for fonts--visual decorations fit for scrapbooking and card making, as quick as a keystroke.
ScrapNfonts' Doodlebats premiered in April 2007 and were an instant success. More than 200 designs are now available. Each Doodlebat includes 36 characters and may contain words or phrases, graphics, or both, such as "friends," "Happy Birthday," hearts, swirls or other doodle designs. The new Doodlebats for Valentine's Day include DB Be Mine Hearts, DB Be Mine Words and DB Love Sick Doodles. All fonts from ScrapNfonts install easily on PC and Mac computers.
With supplies on hand, card givers can create a simple card in less than ten minutes. To make any of the attached cards, you'll need: a color printer, cardstock or patterned paper, adhesive, paper trimmer or scissors and any additional embellishments desired.
Basic instructions are as follows:
- Use a blank card, or fold a sheet of cardstock in half and trim to the appropriate size.
- Print a sentiment or Doodlebat design and trim. (Or, print directly on the card.)
- Mount the design onto another piece of slightly bigger paper to create a mat or border (optional).
- Adhere the design to the card front.
- Write a special note inside, and your simple card is ready to give and be cherished.
Can't think of a sentiment? Search the Internet for a love poem or lyrics. An elegant script font will set off the meaningful verses.
With more time, card givers can further embellish the card. To dress up the card, try these easy ideas:
- Apply ink to the card edges.
- Use pop dots to adhere the sentiments.
- Add ribbon or rickrack.
- Create depth with multiple mats.
- Stitch around decorative elements or the card edges.
For more ideas, visit ScrapNfonts' Idea Gallery.
ScrapNfonts carries trendy fonts for scrapbooking, card making, newsletters, crafts, school projects and all kinds of creative uses. ScrapNfonts is a partnership between Lettering Delights and Creating Keepsakes scrapbook magazine. Visit http://www.scrapNfonts.com.