San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) February 7, 2008
Software Research, Inc. has announced general availability of a major new subsystem in its eValid™ Website Test & Analysis Suite.
eValid V8 introduces a powerful Programmatic Interface (EPI) that provides direct control access to all eValid functions and brings eValid as a test engine into the scope of popular programming languages. This new eValid capability allows web developers, programmers and web application testers to directly program the test engine inside the eValid browser from major Windows programming environments such as C/C++/C#, Java, PERL, and Visual Basic (VB).
eValid scripts can now be converted and incorporated into multiple environments. The EPI-based program is driving the eValid browser directly. Users can therefor operate with very low system overhead and light footprint. This is important to assure accurate timing and performance, and to preserve the realism of the browser-driven experience.
"The EPI feature closes the gap that has existed for some time: to combine the ease of use of the eValid functional test recording and playback engine with the need for detailed programmatic control for tests of ultra-modern web applications," said Edward Miller, President of Software Research. "This new EPI interface -- which basically provides an eValid browser as a resource to the active program -- helps solve the problem of testing complex transactions that could only be done with difficulty using the record/play feature alone. We see this in certain web applications such as those implemented with AJAX techniques, and with some of the newer technologies such as Adobe's FLEX2+ and Microsoft's Silverlight," Miller continued.
"The EPI interface lets complex test sequences take advantage of all of the technology already implemented in eValid -- internal synchronization and validation methods -- but still gives a user/programmer complete control of the page by direct manipulation of the DOM," Miller concluded.
EPI's advantages and technical details are explained in the eValid Programmatic Interface Summary.
The eValid Programmatic Interface (EPI) feature is priced at $995.
eValid is a test-enabled web browser; the current release supports Windows 2000/XP/Vista. eValid V8 license bundles are available for Application Monitoring, Functional Testing/Validation, Test Programming, Regression Testing, Server Loading, and Site Analysis. There is also an International Edition that supports DBCS and foreign-language environments. Prices for product features start at $995.
Evaluation copies of eValid V8 are available from the eValid V8 Evaluation Download. Complete information about eValid is found at http://www.e-valid.com.
- General Features: eValid is built as a standard web browser. Test and analysis functions are available from GUI pull down menus and on-screen script editing. Support includes DOM viewing, adaptive playback, AJAX synchronization modes, batch commands, automatic test data generation, multi-instance playbacks.
- Application Monitoring Bundle: Full functional testing, special commands for output editing, email support, Rich Internet Application (RIA) support, AJAX synchronization, and interfaces to most popular network status reporting engines.
- Server Loading Bundle: Server loads are imposed with multiple eValid copies (including ultra-thin and eVlite versions) for realistic user activity replication, with Full scripting and LoadTest scenario control. Single machines handle over 1,000 users with varying fidelity.
- Site Analysis Bundle: Complete website analysis with a browser-based search spider. User settable search parameters include: run length, depth, page count, blocked-URLs, and string-match values. Scanned pages feed a cascade of filters including: broken/unavailable links, page size, download size, complexity, age, date, and specified HTML or visible text content. Page dependency is visualized with dynamic 3D-SiteMaps.
- International Edition: Full support for Unicode-enabled (DBCS) for all functional, regression, loading and scanning functions. Language pack and all-native OSs are supported.
- Website Monitoring Services: Tests recorded with eValid emulate actual users behavior. Run regularly, they form the basis for sophisticated, in-depth website monitoring. Website properties for which tests scripts are written can include intermediate steps and overall playback times, arrival at pages with specified content, a full range of content validations, multi-tier alerts and failure recovery structures.
- PerformanceTest Services: Fixed-price, fixed-effort standardized server loading projects customized to client needs and done live "over the web" for the most accurate performance assessments possible.
- eValidation Services and WebSiteComp Comparative Analysis Services: Managed eValid-based analysis of WebSites for quality control or for competetive analysis.
eValid Division, Software Research, Inc., 1663 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 USA
Phone: +1 (415) 861-2800 FAX: +1 (415) 861-9801
eValid™, eValid/I™, and InBrowser Technology™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Software Research, Inc., eValid Division. All other trademarks are owned by their respective companies.