Montreal, Canada (PRWEB) February 8, 2008
SherWeb, a leading hosting provider of Microsoft Exchange Server and BlackBerry Enterprise Server, proudly announces the availability of Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1). Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) introduces many new advanced features both on the server side as well as on the client side which enhances the overall Exchange customer experience.
"We are extremely excited to be amongst the first Hosted Exchange companies to be deploying SP1. Microsoft has done a good job in improving its product based on end users' recommendations and our customers will certainly be pleased with the new features available, especially with OWA," states Peter Cassar, CEO of SherWeb.
Service Pack 1 facilitates the overall migration of SMB's from their old Exchange platform to SherWeb's Hosted Exchange 2007 infrastructure by providing the ability to import Outlook .pst files directly to the exchange server. Moreover, Exchange ActiveSync and Outlook Web Access (OWA) have been enhanced in Exchange Server 2007 SP1.
The following are some of the improvements:
- Changes to Exchange Active Sync
- Support for HTML messages
- Support for follow-up flags
- Support for fast message retrieval
- Meeting attendee information
- Enhanced Exchange Search
- Windows SharePoint Services document access
- PIN reset
- Enhanced device security through password policies
- Autodiscover for over the air provisioning
- Support for Out of Office configuration
- Support for tasks synchronization
- Direct Push
Changes to Outlook Web Access Premium
- Users can create and edit Personal Distribution Lists.
- WebReady Document Viewing, a feature that translates an attached document into HTML so that it can be viewed as a Web page.
- Users can access the trash or recycle bin from Outlook Web Access and can use the Recover Deleted Items feature.
- Monthly calendar view in addition to the daily and weekly views in OWA.
- Move and copy commands have been added to the Outlook Web Access user interface
- Public Folders is back and offers the following features:
- Full access to public folders from Outlook Web Access without having to use the /public virtual directory
- Public Folder search capabilities
- Support for Web Parts
SherWeb is the only company in the industry to offer 3 GB of personal disk space for only $8.95 USD per user, per month. To this already generous offer, SherWeb adds many free additional features such as active sync mobile synchronization, advanced anti-spam filtering, the hosting of Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and a copy of Microsoft Outlook 2007 software. Proud advocate of the new business trend model that is software plus services, SherWeb offers economical and tailored business class email solution to small, medium and large businesses.
Founded in 1998, SherWeb is a leader in Internet hosting solutions and provides shared Web hosting services, dedicated servers and hosted messaging and collaboration systems. The company is currently serving thousands of customers from more than 25 countries around the world. SherWeb's hosting solutions are modular and scalable in order to ensure that customers can grow their businesses without having to invest additional time, capital or other resources into their Web and messaging infrastructure.
Solutions SherWeb Inc.
1-888-562-6610 extension 229,
(819) 437-5500 mobile,