New York (PRWEB) February 8, 2008
TriMark Publications, a global leader in biotechnology, healthcare and life sciences publishing, announces the TriMark Cancer Biomarkers Conference 2008 entitled "Cancer Biomarkers Development and Clinical Use".
The Conference will be held on Monday, June 16, 2008 at the Yale Club of New York City located at 50 Vanderbilt Avenue in New York City. Registration details at http://www.trimarkpublications.com/conferences.
The TriMark Cancer Biomarker 2008 Conference has been organized to provide a critical examination of the latest in cancer diagnosis, as well as to provide insight from key industry leaders concerning cutting-edge technology platforms. This conference will also provide a forum for leaders in cancer biomarkers to share ideas, network with other delegates and advance understanding of the potential of new cancer detection technologies. The agenda will include:
- 7:15 am - 8:00 am Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 am - 8:10 am Welcoming and Introductory Remarks
Joseph Dooley, Ph.D., DABCC, FACB, CEO, TriMark Publications, LLC
- 8:10 am - 9:00 am Keynote Speaker - Current Recommendations for Cancer Assays - Martin Fleisher, Ph.D., Chair, Dept. of Clinical Laboratories, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- 9:00 am - 9:30 am Clinical Use of Cancer Markers
Ken Offit, M.D., Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- 9:30 am - 10:00 am How Genetics and Molecular Assays Will Change the Diagnosis and Management of Prostate Cancer
Harry Rittenhouse, Ph.D., Senior Director Cancer Program, Gen-Probe, Inc.
- 10:00 am - 10:30 am Intermission - Meet the Exhibitors
- 10:30 am - 11:00 am New Cancer Biomarkers and Their Clinical Utility
Don Baakman, Abbott Diagnostics
- 11:00 am - 11:30 am Multimarker Panel Predicts Risk of Ovarian Caner in Women with Pelvic Mass
W. Jeffrey Allard, Ph.D., Vice President, Clinical Affairs & Business Development, Fujirebio, Inc.
- 11:30 am - 12:00 pm Monitoring Circulating HER-2/neu Levels In MBC Patients Treated with HER-2/neu Inhibitors
Walt Carney, Ph.D., Head, Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics, Oncogene Science Biomarker Group
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Seated Luncheon in Dining Room
- 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm Bringing New Cancer Assay Technologies into the Lab
Herbert Fritsche, Ph.D., Professor and Chief, Clinical Chemistry; Chairman, Scientific Advisory Board, MD Anderson Cancer Center
- 1:30 pm - 2:00 pm AviaraDx Technology Platform in Ovarian Cancer
Carol Berry, AviaraDx, Inc.
- 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Using Gene Expression Assays to Guide Therapy in Cancer Patients
Richard Bender, MD, Medical Director, Hematology/Oncology, Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
- 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Oncotype DXTM Breast Cancer Assay: Lessons Learned from Three Years on the Market
Gary Palmer, Senior Director, Medical Affairs, Genomic Health, Inc.
- 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm Development of a Novel Ovarian Tumor Triage Test
Eric Fung, Vice President and CSO, Vermillion, Inc.
- 3:30 pm - 4:00 pm Intermission
- 4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Utilizing Urinary Protein Biomarkers for Managing Cancer Survivors - Anthony Shuber, Ph.D., Chief Technical Officer, Predictive Biosciences, Inc.
- 4:30 pm - 5:00 pm Cancer Biomarker Development - John Langmore, Ph.D., Vice President of Commercial Development, Rubicon Genomics, Inc.
- 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm Regulatory Perspectives on Cancer Biomarkers - Kaiser J. Aziz, Ph.D., FACB, FACS, Director, KJ Biomedical Consulting, LLC
- 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm Reception
Who Should Attend:
- Cancer diagnostics company representatives.
- In vitro diagnostic companies management and R&D directors.
- Biotechnology companies.
- Medical devices manufacturers.
- Diagnostic laboratory directors and staff.
Leaders from the Following Areas Will Greatly Benefit from Attending:
- Clinical Laboratory leaders
- Hospital CFOs and CSOs
- Cancer diagnostics developers
- Business development leaders
- Strategic planning and development personnel
- Technology development
- Research and development
- A critical examination of key emerging biomarker technologies for cancer diagnostics.
- Formation of successful alliances.
- Application of emerging technologies to cancer diagnostics.
- Transitioning from laboratory in vitro diagnostics to clinical management of cancer patients.
- The emerging role of cancer diagnostic tests in personalized medicine.
- The intersection of genomics and cancer diagnostics with personalized medicine.
Questions Answered in the TriMark Conference:
- What will the cancer diagnostics market be worth by the end of the decade?
- Which market key segments will drive cancer diagnostics market growth?
- Which new technologies will reach the cancer diagnostics market in the next 2-3 years?
- How is technology innovation impacting the dynamics and direction of the diagnostics industry?
- How can clinical labs bring new cancer diagnostic tests to patent care?
- What are the key challenges in gaining acceptance of new technologies by users, payers and regulators?
- How is technology innovation facilitating the transition of new cancer diagnostics testing into standard healthcare practice?
Top Five Reasons to Attend the TriMark Conference:
- Discover the cancer biomarkers sectors with the greatest prospective growth, ensuring you can successfully align your future strategies with predicted success.
- Evaluate the competitive dynamics of the cancer biomarkers market and understand the changing relationship between IVD companies and the cancer diagnostics testing sector.
- Identify the key players in the cancer biomarkers market, recognize lucrative partnering opportunities and benchmark your strategies against the leading players.
- Assess opportunities and challenges faced by diagnostic companies in gaining acceptance of innovative technologies by payers, regulators and users.
- Understand the factors driving growth of the cancer biomarkers market.
Registration Fees for the Conference:
- Early-Bird Registration Fee is $295 until April 30, 2008.
- Standard Registration Fee is $395 on and after May 1, 2008.
- At-the-Door Fee $500 on June 16, 2008 (subject to seating availability).
Register at http://www.trimarkpublications.com/conferences.
About TriMark Publications, LLC:
Based in New York City, TriMark Publications is a global leader in biotechnology, healthcare and life sciences publishing. For more information, please visit http://www.trimarkpublications.com/conferences.
The statements contained in this news release that are forward-looking are based on current expectations that are subject to a number of uncertainties and risks, and actual results may differ materially.
TriMark Publications, LLC