The Costs of Worker Misclassification: How New York is Leading the Charge for National Reform
San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) February 11, 2008
Having already attracted an audience of senior-level executives from Fortune 500 and Fortune Global 500 companies, "The Costs of Worker Misclassification: How New York is Leading the Charge for National Reform," is an upcoming sponsored Webinar hosted by 1099 compliance and payrolling firm, Secure Talent, in partnership with Advantage, a leader in talent management solutions. Featuring keynote speaker Fred B. Kotler, J.D., faculty member of Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations and director of the New York State AFL-CIO/Cornell Union Leadership Institute, the complimentary event occurs this Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2008, at 1 p.m. EST.
Kotler discusses highlights of his co-authored 2007 research report, which served as a basis for New York Governor Eliot Spitzer’s Executive Order for a Joint Enforcement Task Force on Employee Misclassification. In addition, experts from Secure Talent and Advantage join Kotler to speak about up-to-date and time-sensitive issues surrounding worker misclassification.
Attendees of this Webinar can expect to:
- Explore the costs and implications of worker misclassification in New York and the associated financial exposure to employers.
- Discover how New York is leading the charge for national reform on the issue of worker misclassification through recent legislative action.
- Learn about high-profile worker misclassification cases currently in litigation and the potential implications to their own business.
- Investigate current trends including the continued rise in the number of independent contractors and find out why the movement is gaining speed.
- Understand how worker misclassification can impact their business through an anonymous question-and-answer session, led by compliance experts and Webinar hosts.
- Become part of a progressive audience comprised of thought leaders and decision makers across industries.
The registration deadline for this complimentary virtual meeting is drawing near. For more information or to register, please visit http://www.securetalent.com/newsevents-costs-of-worker-misclassification.html.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Calif., Secure Talent, Inc. offers nationwide 1099 compliance and complete payroll services. Its parent company, Eplica, Inc., is a provider of “back office” services for staffing companies across the United States. For more information about Secure Talent, please visit http://www.securetalent.com. For more information about Eplica, please visit http://www.eplicaservices.com.
Advantage is a leading provider of professional and support-level talent and innovative workforce management solutions. For further information about Advantage’s services, please visit http://www.hirethinking.com. Media inquiries, please contact Laura McGarrity, director of marketing & communications, at (203) 394-5229.
This press release was distributed through eMediaWire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.