Lincoln, MA (PRWEB) February 15, 2008
The Prodigy® Motion Cards from Performance Motion Devices, Inc. (PMD), designed with PMD's advanced Magellan Motion Control IC, provide board level, multi-axis motion control for DC brush, brushless DC, step, and microstepping motors. In addition to trace capture, Prodigy cards provide advanced motion control features including trajectory generation, servo loop closure, quadrature signal input, motor output signal generation, on-the-fly changes, commutation, and much more.
Key Updated Features Include:
•4 axes motor control with direct amplifier commutation signals for brushless DC and microstepping motors, allowing the designers to use lower cost amplifiers.
•Servo loop rates of up to 50 µSec/Axis (20 kHz).
•Quadrature encoder rates up to 8 Mcount/Sec.
Prodigy cards are available in PCI and PC/104 configurations, and provide 1, 2, 3, or 4 axes of control. Prodigy-PCI and Prodigy-PC/104 utilize high density logic circuitry to provide cost-effective, advanced motion control functions programmed in C/C++ or Visual Basic language. The cards accept input parameters such as position, velocity, acceleration, and jerk from the host, and generate a corresponding trajectory. Instantaneous on-the-fly changes can be sent by the user, and external signal inputs can be used to program automatic profile changes.
Prodigy-PCI and Prodigy-PC/104 are available now. Prices start at $380 in OEM quantities.
"Providing designers with motion control tools like Prodigy enable them to design more flexibly and to quickly setup applications that demand precision and reliability. As design times shorten and time-to-market for OEM's become increasingly critical, designers have turned to motion card solutions to provide fast results at low cost. Our Prodigy Motion Cards have been designed to control a full range of motion parameters that few other solutions offer. Prodigy lets machine designers match each card's axis to a different amplifier, and a different motor type. This flexibility makes Prodigy a top choice for OEM designers." - Chuck Lewin, President & CEO, Performance Motion Devices
- Uses PMD's advanced Magellan Motion Control IC
- Direct amplifier commutation signals supporting 6-step (Hall-based) and sinusoidal commutation
- Available in 1, 2, 3, & 4 axis versions with selectable multiple motor type control
- High-speed servo loop rate: 50 µsec/axis
- High precision ± 10V 16 bit DAC output to amplifier
- Pulse and direction
- High-speed motion trace for servo tuning diagnostics (up to 40 KB)
- S-curve, trapezoidal, electronic gearing, and user-generated profile modes
- PCI-bus, PC/104 (ISA), CANbus, or serial communications (RS232, RS422/485)
- Incremental and parallel encoder input and dual loop encoder input
- PID filter with velocity and acceleration feedforward and dual biquad filters
- 8 general purpose digital inputs and outputs
- 10-bit general purpose analog inputs