Boca Raton, FL (PRWEB) February 15, 2008
Online discount broker TradeKing (http://www.tradeking.com) recently announced it now offers its clients access to portfolio management capabilities from Portfolio Director, Inc. (http://www.portfoliodirector.com), leaders in developing and supporting best-of-breed portfolio management systems. TradeKing clients can upload their TradeKing account data for both equities and options to the Portfolio Director 8.0 Desktop software to see time-weighed returns, compare their performance to key benchmarks, produce end-of-year gain/loss information and other flexible reports, re-balance holdings instantly according to model portfolios, view asset allocation by symbol, investment type, Morningstar category, and other professional portfolio management capabilities.
"At this time of year, we know clients often review their annual portfolio performance so they can assess tax impact, re-balance their portfolios, check asset allocation, and so forth," said Don Montanaro, CEO and chairman of TradeKing. "We're pleased to give them access to a truly professional-grade portfolio management tool with plenty of firepower as they wrap up their year-end reviews. These new features made possible by Portfolio Director 8.0 Desktop are yet another step in giving our clients greater visibility into their ongoing investment success, helping them to make informed decisions about their equity and options trading."
With Portfolio Director 8.0 Desktop, TradeKing clients can benefit from features including:
- Time Weighted Returns - An easy to understand performance report based on Time Weighted Returns shows TradeKing clients at-a-glance how well their portfolio is performing over any timeframe, or against any benchmark, the client chooses.
- Asset Allocation - A flexible asset allocation that displays allocation by symbol, investment type, Morningstar Category, or a client's own custom classifications.
- Portfolio Rebalancing: Clients can create a model portfolio to know when their portfolio is out of balance and make re-balancing their holdings a snap. The feature even recommends the number of shares to adjust.
- Flexible Reports - Clients can create their own spreadsheet-style reports with their selection of columns and headers. Portfolio Director features many reports from which to choose and more than 100 different fields, so clients can tailor reports based on their specific needs. For instance, TradeKing clients can track their stock option strategies (e.g., Covered Calls, Bull Put Spreads) and see the true cost basis, or view the profitability of trading systems using the trade entry/exit notations.
- Tax Gain/Loss - Clients can run reports showing their taxable gain / loss against the original purchase price of a stock, including date purchased and sold.
- Portfolio Benchmarks - Clients can benchmark their individual portfolios against a number of metrics, including the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
About Portfolio Director, Inc.
Founded in 1999, Portfolio Director, Inc. (PDI) delivers investment management technology products to both professional and individual investors. PDI offers two solutions for the professional investment advisor. "Portfolio Director Web" is designed for web-based reporting while "Portfolio Director Desktop" is designed for application-based reporting. On February 1, 2008, The Motley Fool has selected Portfolio Director 8.0 Web to provide performance reporting solutions for The Motley Fool's exclusive subscriber websites.
Joel P. Bruckenstein, CFP, technology editor for Morningstar Advisor and, said in a recent product review: "Anyone looking for a good basic portfolio management and reporting package that won't break the bank should take Portfolio Director Desktop for a test drive." Additional information can be found at http://www.portfoliodirector.com.
Recently rated the top discount broker for the second consecutive year by SmartMoney Magazine ("Best Discount Broker" by SmartMoney 8/1/07, based: on Customer Service; Mutual Funds; Trading Tools; Research; Banking Amenities) (1), TradeKing, at http://www.tradeking.com is a nationally licensed online broker dealer offering simple, low flat fees (Please see https://www.tradeking.com/PrivateView/services/Services/commissions.tmpl for more details on trade commissions for low priced stock, bonds, mutual funds and other securities).
The TradeKing Web- based platform features powerful online equity, options and fixed-income trading tools including real-time portfolio information, advanced order entry, customized charting and alerts, free research and integrated news, stock, option and mutual fund screeners, volatility charts, a pricing probability calculator, enhanced option chains and interactive educational information.
TradeKing also features innovative community networking capabilities to help connect like-minded traders for enhanced strategy development and information sharing. TradeKing provides self-directed investors with discount brokerage services, and does not make recommendations or offer investment advice. Online trading system response and access times may vary due to market conditions, system performance, and other factors. Non-U.S. residents may be subject to country-specific restrictions. Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors. Please read Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options available at http://content.tradeking.com/wiki/display/tkservice/Characteristics+and+Risks. Member FINRA/SIPC.
(1) SmartMoney is a joint publishing venture of Dow Jones & Company, Inc. and Hearst Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.