Toronto, Ontario (PRWEB) February 15, 2008
A group of music companies, including Sony BMG, Virgin Records and Warner Bros. Records, have accused Lime Wire and the company's officers of copyright infringement, according to a federal lawsuit filed Aug 2007 in U.S. District Court in New York. Case 1:06-cv-05936-GEL. Despite the ongoing lawsuit, Limewire continues to enhance its software and has recently released two major open source technologies that will affect the future of global file sharing.
Possibly due to the pressure of its current lawsuit, Limewire has released technology that can now block the sharing of all files without a copyright license (although the blocking technology is not currently turned on as default). The http://www.mp3rocket.com founders have agreed, that they will continue the fight for digital freedom and will not block their customer's files and will never filter files based on license detection.
The second Limewire technology recently released and adopted by MP3Rocket is improved file filtering technology that blocks "fake files" and spam files from the enemies of files sharing and spammers. The new "TigerTree" hash technology blocks spammer's fake files, such as those containing spam, viruses and Trojans.
The TigerTree Spam filter (included in the latest 5.0.3 version of the MP3Rocket) works by storing information about files, where search results can be filtered by keywords, size, verified SHA-1 hashes or even IP address. Information about what is spam is gathered through two methods: One, which includes the user marking which results they find to be fake, and another which covers the learning of items commonly found in search results. Both of these measures are used to give each file a rating and once this rating goes over a certain threshold, the file is flagged as spam.
The filter is designed to learn by storing information. When a search is conducted, the user can block certain results by key words, size, verified SHA-1 hashes and/or IP address. Taking this information, the filter will then begin to learn by creating spam profiles. If a future search result fits a malicious profile, the file is labeled as spam.
By automatically blocking "fake files" and spam MP3Rocket users find exactly what they are looking for faster than ever without the hassle of garbage files.
Other new features in the new free MP3Rocket's 5.0.3 release:
1. New "Watch TV" functionally that provides live on demand streams to over 3,000 Movies and TV Shows.
2. New "Live Radio" allows users to listen to over 500 top live radio stations.
3. New "Game Player" provides over 1,000 fun games.
4. "Most Popular" feature allows user to find most popular music, movies and pictures. Popular files are determined by actual real time user votes. The TV, Radio and Game streams also utilize this "most popular" voting feature to improve user experience.
5. Firewall to Firewall Transfers. Since about 60% of users are currently firewalled, this feature greatly increases the amount of content on the network.
6. Faster network connections. Using new "UDP Host Caches", MP3Rocket starts up and connects faster than ever before!
7. iTunes Integration. Windows and Mac users can now take advantage of MP3Rocket's iTunes integration.
If you liked Limewire, you should give the new 5.0.3 version of the MP3Rocket a try. It's everything Limewire was and more. Judge for yourself, now it's free at http://www.mp3rocket.com