Washington, DC (PRWEB) February 20, 2008
Atlantic Information Services (AIS), publisher of industry-leading newsletters Health Plan Week, Drug Benefit News and The AIS Report on Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans is pleased to announce publication of AIS's Directory of Health Plans: 2008, available in print and CD-ROM. This new edition contains every health plan and primary care preferred provider network operating in the U.S. as of year-end 2007.
The 2008 directory reflects the more than 12 mergers and acquisitions that were completed during 2007 -- across the health plan and PPO markets. These include: Molina Healthcare's acquisition of Mercy CarePlus; CareSource's acquisition of Community Choice Michigan; Aetna's acquisition of Schaller Anderson; PhyTrust of South Carolina's acquisition of Centene Corp.'s Total Carolina Care; and Viant's acquisition of Texas True Choice and ppoNext. For more information, visit http://www.aishealth.com/Products/dhp.html.
The listings include national and state-level enrollment data by company, national enrollment by type of product, company contact information (more than 4,600 key executives by job function), NCQA accreditation status and PBM contracted. To see a list of fields in each section, visit http://www.aishealth.com/Products/dhp.html.
This comprehensive directory is used by health care providers, health plans, pharmaceutical companies and other health care providers to:
- Conduct accurate market share analysis
- Find out who does what and who to contact at health care companies
- Quickly look up any managed care organization or provider network and find out what they do, where they are, and how big they are
- Get enrollment benchmarks for comparison to your own business
- Identify potential business partners
- Compare network access fees and identify PPO networks that provide the services you need
- Get the latest data available on recent mergers, acquisitions and other shifts in the industry
CD Database Version of Directory Serves as Tool for Marketing, Market Research and Analysis
The CD database includes:
- MCO and PPO network files in multiple file formats for easy data manipulation
- Easy-to-pull mailing lists complete with job function and contact information
- On-screen field definitions so that you can quickly identify the information you need to find, along with detailed table relationships
- Health plans by state containing the full listing of each health plan operating in each state
- Parent organizations with full listings for corporate headquarters executives, enrollment data … and more.
For purchase information on AIS's Health Plan Directory: 2008 and to see the full table of contents, sample page and field listings, go to http://www.aishealth.com/Products/dhp.html.
About Atlantic Information Services:
AIS develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. Among the wealth of free resources at AISHealth.com:
AIS's Health Business Daily -- http://www.aishealth.com/BusinessNews.html
Government News of the Week -- http://www.aishealth.com/GovernmentNews.html
Upcoming Health Business Meetings -- http://www.aishealth.com/conflist.html
Health Business Job Openings -- http://www.aishealth.com/HealthJobsList.html
AIS's Free Health Industry Reports -- http://www.aishealth.com/Products/freereports.html
Atlantic Information Services
1100 17th St., NW Ste 300
Washington, DC 20036
202-775-9008 ext. 3051