Middle River, MD (PRWEB) February 20, 2008
When taken care of properly, lingerie can last for years, providing that special magic again and again. Since so many women receive lingerie between the holiday season and Valentine's Day, plus size lingerie specialists AboutCurves.com provides tips to ensure that their lingerie is long-lasting. In addition, the company is offering its customers a special offer to help them care for their lingerie.
Lingerie is best handled through handwashing; however, AboutCurves.com know that this isn't always convenient. Following are some tips from the lingerie experts on how to launder lingerie.
- Consumers should always read the care label for proper washing instructions. Even if the item is machine washable, the gentle cycle is better and hand-washing is definitely the best method for laundering lingerie.
- A hand-washing detergent is superior to regular detergent because it is formulated to be milder on the fabric. Lingerie should always be places in a mesh bag or mesh cage when machine washed.
- All hooks should be clasped prior to washing. This prevents lingerie from becoming twisted, or tangled, and the wires from breaking during washing cycles.
- It is important not to twist or wring lingerie. Instead, items should be soaked in a sink with cold water and detergent. Items should be gently squeezed to allow suds to soaks through, and then rinsed with more cold water. Lingerie should be blotted with a towel and laid flat to dry.
- Consumer should avoid heavy-duty stain removal products including soaking agents and bleaches. These will reduce the life of fine lingerie.
- The best way to dry lingerie is to lay it flat on a towel to dry. Lingerie should never, ever be put in the dryer. If this is unavoidable, the dryer controls should be set on delicate.
One final tip is that women should always rotate their bras. Bras do not need to be laundered after every wearing, but should not be worn two days in a row. A bra needs a day of rest after wearing to return to its original fit; wearing one bra constantly puts a lot of stress on the fabrics and causes it to rapidly stretch out of shape and to lose its fit.
To help women take better care of their lingerie, plus size lingerie specialists AboutCurves.com is offering a free mesh laundry bag for all customers who spend more than $75 through the month of March. This generously sized laundry bag provides convenient care for plus size babydolls, stockings, and panties to ensure that they are handled gently in the washing machine. With the proper care, lingerie will remain gossamer-soft and in perfect shape for a long time to come.
About The Company:
About Curves was started in 2001 by a mother-daughter team who were frustrated by the lack of options available to women who do not fit the "model mold." Their mission is to provide women with the ability to feel sexy and to encourage women of all shapes and sizes to celebrate their curves.
Every product offered by About Curves is personally approved by a team of discriminating shoppers, and then modeled by plus size women in About Curves' very own photo shoots. The owners pride themselves on their insistence that women should not be made to squeeze their bodies into outfits that are uncomfortable, disrespectful, or poorly made.
The webstore now offers over 300 different products. The line includes traditional lingerie, including babydolls, bustiers, gowns, chemises, camisole sets, and teddys, as well as specializing in robe sets and bridal lingerie. The new expanded line also includes costumes, body products, feather products, and shoes.