Germantown, MD (PRWEB) February 20, 2008
Sights and Soul Travels, the leading expert in women-only luxury travel has announced its impressive selection of European tours for 2008. With the strong Euro, the most popular destinations this year are outside of the Euro zone: Hungary, Croatia, Poland, Prague in the Czech Republic and St. Petersburg in Russia. Sights and Soul Travels meets this growing demand with several carefully designed tours which offer classic European experiences at competitive prices.
- Budapest and the Transdanubia Tour to Hungary in July will feature thermal baths and spas, baroque castles, ancient villages, but also a cooking class, a night-time champagne cruise on the Danube, Herend porcelain tour, horse showmanship performance, tour of the Fine Arts Museum in Budapest and Badacsony wine tours.
- The Golden Prague Tour in July will focus on Art Nouveau, architecture and music of Prague and will include such unique experiences as a Mozart opera at the original setting, Black Light Theatre, Prague Castle and Old Town architectural tour and meeting the locals at a medieval beer hall.
- Krakow and the Tatra Mountains Tour to Poland in August will feature in-depth historical tours of Krakow's Old Town, medieval castles and Renaissance palaces, Chopin music concert, communism utopia tour, spa at a luxurious mountain resort, Highlanders' dance workshop and spectacular Tatra Mountains hikes.
- White Nights in St. Petersburg Tour to Russia in June will introduce visitors to Russian history and culture through visits to Orthodox cathedrals, opulent tsars' palaces and country estates, Kirov ballet performance, docent led tour of the Hermitage, caviar and vodka reception and dinner at a private Russian home.
- Dubrovnik and the Dalmatian Coast Tour to Croatia in September will focus on the region's cultural diversity including the Byzantine mosaics, Roman ruins of Diocletian's Palace, Venetian Gothic of Dubrovnik, as well as the spectacular coast and islands, hiking in the Plitvice Lakes National Park and sailing on a replica of a galleon boat.
In the tradition of Sights and Soul Travels, the small groups are escorted by professional tour leaders, who are experts on the tours' destinations and who complement the local guides in sharing their knowledge and their passion for their native countries. "This is the kind of authentic experience that savvy women travelers are looking for," says Yolanta Barnes, founder of Sights and Soul Travels. A big part of Sights and Soul Travels' tours is not only experiencing another culture, but also forming friendships with like-minded travelers. "Most women travelers are interested in experiencing the place, but also in connecting with the locals, exploring the outdoors and enjoying some quality time to relax, talk and laugh in the company of friends," she adds. For the last several years, Barnes has been designing women-only tours to some of the most intriguing destinations in Europe. "While Prague has been a popular place for many people to visit, other places where we travel are more unique," adds Barnes. "We have noticed an increased interest in travel to Eastern Europe and our in-depth tours to destinations like Croatia or Hungary which offer fascinating insights into the fairy-tale European locations before they are discovered by mass tourism are extremely popular." Among the company's other offers are tours to Portugal, Turkey, Venice in Italy and the Loire Valley in France, each following a similar format of cultural and historical immersion combined with fine arts, wine tours, outdoor activities, gourmet dining and boutique accommodations.
Sights and Soul Travels, LLC is the leading women-only tour operator, based in Maryland. It offers women-only tours conducted in small groups and characterized by personalized travel experiences. During the tour, the travelers stay in only two hotels, moving only once, and the focus is on the depth and the quality of the experience, not on the number of places visited. The tours combine history, art and outdoor adventures with gourmet dining, music performances, wine tours and spa stays. Sights and Soul Travels' tours meet the unique needs of discerning women travelers and 65% are repeat clientele. The tour operator guarantees solo women travelers a roommate when requested.
For more information on Sights and Soul Travels' tours, or to receive the 2008 travel catalogue, call 1-866-737-9602, or visit http://www.sightsandsoul.com.
# # #