Newport Beach, CA (PRWEB) February 21, 2008
Velocity Sports Performance, the industry leader in the fast growing sports performance training category will be training over 70 athletes across the country in preparation for the 2008 pro football combine, many predicted to be the cream of the crop in the upcoming pro football draft, including three of the top Quarterback prospects as well as many other All-Americans.
This year's Velocity Sports Performance class includes all levels of excellence from all regions of the country. Following is a list of some of the Velocity Sports Performance clients who are training and conditioning in preparation for the 2008 pro football draft:
Player Name / Position / College
- Keith Rivers / LB / USC
- Brian Brohm / QB / Louisville
- Chad Henne / QB / Michigan
- Trevor Laws / DT / Notre Dame
- John Carlson / TE / Notre Dame
- Adrian Arrington / WR / Michigan
- Jamar Adams / DB / Michigan
- Mike Hart / RB / Michigan
- Adam Kraus / OG / Michigan
- John Sullivan / C / Notre Dame
- DeJuan Tribble / CB / Boston College
- Drew Radovich / OT / USC
- John David Booty / QB / USC
- Kolo Kapanui / TE / West Texas A&M
- Dominic Lewis / DE / Kentucky
- Gabe Hall / DT / Vanderbilt
- Kyle Lockett / DT / Urbana
- DeMarco McNair / RB / Middle Tennessee St.
- Bradley Robinson / DB / Middle Tennessee St.
- Scott Kuhn / TE / Louisville
Training at Velocity Sports Performance is designed to prepare the athletes for the unique challenges faced during the pro football combine to be held at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis, February 20-26. Unlike the "old days" when athletes simply lifted weights and ran laps to prepare for the draft, today's athlete requires much more precision in their approach to performing at the pro football combine, where improvements in tenths of a second can make the difference in where they are drafted--and millions in contract dollars.
The Velocity Sports Performance approach to training for the pro football combine includes improving the athlete's speed and agility mechanics, while also increasing their physical abilities. Some centers are using a combination of state-of-the-art technology like Dartfish Video Analysis to perfect technique and MyoTest to monitor strength & power characteristics.
Velocity Sports Performance is fast becoming the training center of choice for athletes--and their agents--to fully prepare for the pro football combine, various Pro Days and the eventual pro football draft. In 2007, 45 Velocity Sports Performance clients were drafted or signed free-agent contracts with professional teams following the 2007 pro football draft. Since its inception in 1999, Velocity Sports Performance has trained over 400 professional football players throughout their careers. Some notable athletes that have trained in Velocity Sports Performance in preparation for the pro football draft and throughout their professional careers are:
Player Name / Position / Team
- Justin Tuck / DL / New York Giants
- Braylon Edwards / WR / Cleveland Browns
- Larry Fitzgerald / WR / Arizona Cardinals
- DeMarcus Ware / LB / Dallas Cowboys
- Marques Colston / WR / New Orleans Saints
- Ryan Grant / RB / Green Bay Packers
- Jeff Garcia / QB / Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Samari Rolle / CB / Tennessee Titans
- Alex Smith / TE / Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Jason Babin / DE / Houston Texans
- Jeremy Bloom / WR / Philadelphia Eagles
- Marcus Washington / LB / Washington Redskins
- Lito Sheppard / DB / Philadelphia Eagles
- Daniel Graham / TE / New England Patriots
- John Lynch / DB / Denver Broncos
- Sheldon Brown / DB / Philadelphia Eagles
- Michael Bush / RB / Oakland Raiders
Velocity Sports Performance currently has 63 centers open across the country. For more information or to set up a free trial session, go to http://www.velocitysp.com and call or visit the local Velocity Sports Performance center.
About Velocity Sports Performance:
Velocity Sports Performance, the industry leader in providing advanced sports performance training program for athletes of all skill levels and ages, was founded in 1999 by world-renowned coach Loren Seagrave, who coached Olympic, professional and major college athletes improving speed, agility, quickness and strength. Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Velocity Sports Performance offers worldwide franchise opportunities and provides world-class franchise training and ongoing support. Visit http://www.velocitysp.com for more information on training programs and franchise opportunities.