The follicle or pore of the skin emits sebum (oil) from the sebaceous gland, all in the attempt to keep skin from drying out. However the oil can get trapped by excess surface skin cells, and build-up inside the pore causing an open comedone or blackhead
El Segundo, CA (PRWEB) February 29, 2008
Minimize and retexturize pores with new Murad T-Zone Pore Refining Gel featuring standardized Pomegranate Extract and Pomegranate Seed Oil. Designed to keep pores clear and less noticeable, the T-Zone Pore Refining Gel balances oily and dry facial zones with Glycolic and Salicylic Acids, Retinol, Pomegranate Extract and Pomegranate Seed Oil for a powerful blend that balances combination skin.
"The follicle or pore of the skin emits sebum (oil) from the sebaceous gland, all in the attempt to keep skin from drying out. However the oil can get trapped by excess surface skin cells, and build-up inside the pore causing an open comedone or blackhead," explains Dr. Howard Murad, Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at UCLA, dermatologist, and CEO and Founder of Murad, Inc. "Pores are more prominent where the oil glands are most active and that's generally the T-zone area, which consists of the areas across the forehead, down the nose and the chin. Keep these pores clear of impurities and the skin will look smoother and remain blemish-free."
Three key ingredients for pore-busting include:
- Energizing Pomegranate Complex™ - a blend of Artemia Extract and Pomegranate Extract. This complex contains GP4G, (Diguanosine Tetraphosphate) to boost cell metabolism and stimulate cell generation in the epidermis. - This antioxidant maintains clear pores by preventing oil oxidation, neutralizing and protecting against free radical damage. Pomegranate Seed Oil contains Punicic Acid a potent anti-inflammatory.
- Glycolic and Salicylic Acids - This AHA/BHA blend gently exfoliates to remove pore-clogging impurities, dull, dry skin cells and skin imperfections, all while preventing breakouts.
- Retinol - Improves skin texture, tone and radiance by encouraging cell turnover.
- Sodium PCA - A naturally-derived humectant that is one of the Natural Moisturizing Factors (NMF) in human skin. It increases softness and elasticity of the skin by increasing its moisture-binding and moisture-holding properties.
- Linoleic Acid - A fatty acid that restores the skin's barrier function by reducing transepidermal water loss.
The T-Zone Pore Refining Gel from Murad's Vitalic® line is perfect for combination skin and available for $40.00 (2.0 fl. oz.).
Murad, Inc. was founded in 1989 by Howard Murad. M.D., recognized as one of the world's foremost authorities in skin health. Based in Los Angeles, CA, the global headquarters are home to the Murad Medical Group, the award winning Murad Medical Spa, the revolutionary Murad Inclusive Health Center®, and Murad Research Labs.
As the pioneer of the doctor-branded skincare and medical spa movements, Dr. Howard Murad and his research team develop innovative formulas that consumers can access conveniently through the company website, salons, spas and select retail outlets. Murad products are available in over 33 countries worldwide, and are ranked number one as the best selling clinical skincare brand at many locations including Sephora and Ulta.
For more information and other locations offering Murad products and
professional services, please call 800-33-MURAD or visit http://www.murad.com.