Doba Introduces Product Sourcing API

Share Article

Doba's new application programming interface (API) allows third-party partners to integrate product sourcing solutions 10-times faster than before.

Doba, a leading software company specializing in web-based product sourcing solutions for small to medium size retailers, announced today the release of the Doba Product Sourcing API. Using Product Sourcing API, third-party solution providers can now integrate Doba's award-winning product sourcing services into their eCommerce platforms up to 10 times faster than they previously could. Shopping cart and eCommerce providers who integrate Doba's supply chain platform programmatically within their own application will retain their customers longer, gain an advantage over their competition, and develop new product offerings and revenue streams.

"A third party solution provider who offers retailer-related software and technology of their own can use the Doba Product Sourcing API to automate product population, inventory updates, and product ordering and tracking of 1000s of SKUs," says Jared Sidwell, the director of business development at Doba. "A partner's retailer might inventory 20 percent of what they sell on their webstore and use Doba to populate the other 80 percent of their products. This allows for tremendous product and category testing and up-sell and cross-sell opportunities for the retailer without taking on any of the associated inventory risks. By using Doba's API, a shopping cart company -- or an eCommerce web builder -- can integrate Doba's products into their eCommerce solution once and all of their customers benefit from the integration. This is a major advancement for both Doba and the online retail industry at large."

Product Sourcing API utilizes numerous industry standard solutions, including SOAP and XML, in an effort to simplify the integration process and ensure compatibility among different software platforms. The Product Sourcing API includes functions to do everything from searching the Doba product catalog to obtaining shipment information for orders when they ship. The API also allows users to obtain detailed product information, lookup shipping and handling charges and submit orders.

Product Sourcing API has already generated significant enthusiasm amongst other industry leaders. "We're excited about the functionality of Product Sourcing API because it will simplify the integration with higher volume sellers," says Brian Horakh, CEO of "It's all about efficiency, and Doba's API is nothing short of revolutionary." Gi Goodall, the President of and a Zoovy retailer, agrees. "Doba's API will save us time and money while allowing us to sell more products more efficiently. This is going to be a very big deal."

For more information about Product Sourcing API, visit

About Doba
Doba is a software company providing a Web-based Product Sourcing Platform that automates the e-commerce supply chain through virtual inventory and fulfillment systems. Ranked as one of the Nation's fastest-growing, most innovative small businesses by ranking indices like Inc., Deloitte and MountainWest Capital Network, Doba connects retail merchants to the virtual inventory of over one million products from more than 200 wholesale suppliers. Currently, more than 25,000 merchant retailers and 200 wholesale suppliers use the simplified product sourcing solutions of Doba to transact millions of dollars of B2B e-commerce annually. For more information, visit

If you would like more information about Product Sourcing API, or to schedule an interview with Jared Sidwell, please contact:

Meagen Ridley
(801) 765-6105

# # #

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Meagen Ridley

(801) 765-6105
Email >