By aggregating information on patient safety, we hope to increase awareness of and enable conversation around the critical issue of dramatically decreasing the occurrences of preventable infections and medical errors.
New York, NY (PRWEB) February 21, 2008
Arrowsight Medical (Arrowsight.com) today launched Patient Safety Focus (http://PatientSafetyFocus.com), a comprehensive, online resource on patient safety programs, statistics and solutions, for healthcare industry professionals, media and consumers. The blog is being introduced on the occasion of Patient Safety Awareness Week (March 2-8), a national education and awareness-building campaign.
PatientSafetyFocus.com consolidates and makes it easy to access key patient safety information on hand hygiene, MRSA, protocols, advocacy programs, as well as industry reports and statistics from a variety of sources.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Some 99,000 Americans die each year from infections acquired in a hospital.
- Between 5 and 10 percent of patients admitted to acute-care hospitals acquire one or more infections there.
- One in five Americans (22 percent) report that they or a family member have experienced a medical error of some kind in a doctor's office or hospital.
- There are an estimated 1.7 million hospital-acquired infections each year ... the sixth leading cause of death nationally.
- Hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) cost the healthcare industry $6 billion annually.
Arrowsight CEO Adam Aronson said, "By aggregating information on patient safety, we hope to increase awareness of and enable conversation around the critical issue of dramatically decreasing the occurrences of preventable infections and medical errors."
The Leapfrog Group Acting CEO Karen Linscott, added: "The Leapfrog Group welcomes the introduction of new tools like PatientSafetyFocus.com that bring more attention to patient safety for both healthcare providers and consumers."
PatientSafetyFocus.com is published by Arrowsight Medical, a developer of Hospital Video Auditing (HVA), an affordable system of video-based monitoring, assessments and reports that has improved hand-washing compliance from 38 to 90 per cent and provided hospital administrators and physicians with a program to measure compliance rates and adherence to safety protocols across many critical control benchmarks.
For more information visit http://PatientSafetyFocus.com.
Arrowsight, a Web-based Application Services Provider, is the leading developer of remote viewing services and software. Arrowsight has helped improve practices, compliance and employee morale in safety-sensitive industries, such as healthcare, food processing, food services and manufacturing.