(PRWEB) February 23, 2008
Talking Nurses is a brand new service from Direct Travel Insurance, one of the UK's leading travel insurance specialists, and it launches this Friday, 22nd February 2008.
Travelers will, among other possibilities, be able to discuss their medical concerns about traveling with young children in different countries, talk to a fully qualified medical professional about treatment abroad or check that they are buying the correct medication from a foreign chemist. There will be no extra cost for this extra service.
The option to talk to qualified doctors and nurses about any aspect of medical care will be offered to all policyholders, in order to provide advice and reassurance before and during their holidays and business trips.
Based in the UK, Talking Nurses is a unique 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, confidential telephone service operated by fully qualified nurses, with doctor support if necessary.
Direct Travel Insurance will provide its policyholders with a special telephone number which they can call at anytime of the day or night, from anywhere in the world, to talk directly to a health professional about their medical issues.
This free service includes:
- Strict confidentiality.
- Advice for families traveling with children.
- Patient drug information, including the name of medicines in the country being visited.
- Pre and post operative treatment advice.
- Medical advice with specific reference to aviation considerations.
- Comprehensive information about medical conditions.
- Travel health information and risks, both pre and post travel.
- Vaccination advice.
- Advice and information on a range of lifestyle issues, such as nutrition, diet, activities and sports injuries.
Mark Shaw, Managing Director at Direct Travel Insurance, says: "While your travel insurance policy ensures that you will be covered for emergency medical treatment, Talking Nurses provides you with the answers to all of your non-emergency medical needs. We are delighted to be able to introduce this excellent new service to all our customers at no additional cost."