San Francisco (PRWEB) February 25, 2008
Despite housing woes and talk of a recession, this year thousands of travelers are still expected to go on vacation. Many will spend a week or more at a theme park, in the mountains or at the beach with their extended families. Fed up with rising hotel room prices, travelers are looking for more affordable and spacious accommodations and finding a popular alternative in vacation rental homes.
For savvy property managers and second homeowners, these trends equate to more rental income. During this tax season, here are some tips for maximizing vacation rental income and profit:
- Reach renters online without up-front fees: In the past, vacation rental property managers and homeowners had to pay a flat fee of several hundred dollars just to list a single property, without any guarantee of getting even one rental. A growing number of sites allow managers and owners to advertise their properties for free. Some websites now offer performance-based advertising programs that only charge for qualified inquiries or bookings that are delivered.
- Attract weekend travelers using free regional boards: Getaway travelers first consider locations within driving distance. Property managers and homeowners that regularly post to free regional boards, such as Craigslist.org, can quickly and cost-effectively reach renters planning last-minute trips. For example, Craigslist San Francisco Bay Area attracts those considering Napa Valley, Carmel and Lake Tahoe getaways. To maximize posts' effectiveness, include links to descriptive property listings on vacation rental sites, such as PickPackGo.com, where property managers and owners can maintain updated photos, availability, rate and location details for free. This saves time and helps keep Craigslist.org posts short.
- Offer online booking: Today's travelers shop online 24 hours a day, so it isn't surprising that vacation homes that can be booked directly online enjoy higher occupancy rates and often command premium rents. Vacation rental software and services, offered by Escapia, Instant Software and others, work with PickPackGo.com to make online bookings quick and simple.
- Consider allowing minimum stays of less than a week: In popular destinations, vacation rental property managers and homeowners can appeal to a larger base of renters if they are willing to accept stays of three or four nights. By charging a slightly higher nightly rate incorporating the cleaning and maintenance fees, managers and homeowners can fill their calendars more quickly, especially during slow rental seasons, and reduce the worry about whether a property will generate sufficient income for the year.
- Target shoulder season and off-season travelers: Many travelers prefer to vacation during shoulder- and off-season periods with lower travel costs and thinner crowds. PickPackGo.com offers property managers and owners unique online advertising programs that tailor advertising to the travel seasons of interest.
PickPackGo (http://www.pickpackgo.com) is an award-winning website for travelers to easily find, compare and rent vacation homes. The site offers vacation rental property managers and owners a performance-driven, lead generation marketing program designed to produce more rental income with less effort by tailoring their online marketing efforts by property and travel seasons. PickPackGo's bidding system for highly qualified leads can greatly improve bookings for a vacation rental property. PickPackGo invites property managers and individual homeowners to gain additional visibility for their vacation rental properties online with free listings on the rapidly growing PickPackGo.com website. PickPackGo is headquartered in San Francisco.
# # #