PRTG 7 is a result of tremendous collaboration from our development team and customers
Portland, Ore. and Fuerth, Germany (PRWEB) February 25, 2008
Paessler AG, a world leader in network monitoring tools, today announced PRTG (Paessler Router Traffic Grapher) Network Monitor version 7. PRTG 7 now combines the features and capabilities of Paessler's IPCheck Server Monitor and PRTG Traffic Grapher in one solution for comprehensive, cost-effective and easy-to-use network monitoring.
Paessler will present the new PRTG Network Monitor at CeBIT 2008, March 4-8 in Hannover, Germany, booth E38 in hall 3.
"PRTG 7 is a result of tremendous collaboration from our development team and customers," said Dirk Paessler, founder and CEO. "We have taken our experiences from more than 10 years of creating network monitoring software and the feedback from more than 100,000 users worldwide to create a new architecture that provides scalable bandwidth and usage monitoring, as well as uptime monitoring and alerting for small to large networks. The result is a comprehensive and efficient network monitoring tool with excellent usability and low cost of ownership."
Key enhancements to the newly architected software include an intuitive Web-based user interface, automatic network discovery capabilities, device-configuration templates, improved reporting capabilities, and extended support for more than 30 sensor types for monitoring servers, analyzing network traffic and surveying the behaviors of users in the network. PRTG 7 provides comprehensive and scalable network monitoring and analysis capabilities, easy deployment and maintenance, and flexible pricing; making it an ideal choice for companies of all sizes.
Using PRTG as part of a continual network monitoring strategy provides enterprises of all sizes significant savings in cost and time by avoiding outages, optimizing networks in line with demand, and controlling service level agreements (SLAs).
PRTG Network Monitor version 7 feature highlights include:
- Automatic network discovery and sensor configuration - New Auto-Pilot feature constantly scans networks segments for new devices, automatically determines types of devices and configures appropriate set of sensors for those devices, saving time and resources for administrators responsible for large networks.
- Intuitive and customizable Web user interface - Utilizing AJAX and Flash technologies the new UI delivers enhanced usability and a rich user experience for the configuration of devices and sensors as well as review and delivery of monitoring results and alerts in real time.
- Scalable network monitoring engine suitable for small, medium and large networks Availability and usage of monitoring via most common protocols including WMI, SNMP, Packet Sniffing and NetFlow capabilities. Supports more than 30 sensor types including PING, HTTP, WMI, SNMP, SMTP, POP3, FTP, RDP and DNS for analyzing network traffic and behavior of up to several tens of thousands of sensors.
- Device Configuration templates - Paessler has researched an extensive library of device configuration templates for various devices like Cisco routers, SQL servers, exchange servers, network printers and more. These pre-configured templates are part of PRTG 7 and provide recommended alarm and warning limits for many standard devices to help administrators save time and reduce configuration errors.
Additional features and enhancements to PRTG v7 include:
- Remote network monitoring capabilities
- Powerful reporting engine delivers customizable reports
- Data storage in powerful native database (external SQL Server can be optionally used)
- Compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows Server 2003/2008, (32 bit and 64 bit)
Pricing and Availability
Pricing for PRTG Network Monitor starts at $250 USD for 100 sensors. PRTG 7 will be available in April 2008.
About Paessler AG
Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Nuremberg, Paessler AG builds cost effective software that is both powerful and easy to use. The product range is specialized on Network Monitoring and Testing as well as Website Analysis. Its products are used by Network Administrators, Website Operators, Internet Service Providers and other IT-Professionals worldwide. Freeware and Free Trial versions of all products can be downloaded from http://www.paessler.com.
Tel +49 911 7399030
Fax +49 911 7399031
TNT Communication Inc.
Tamarie Johnson, 503-345-9257