Elmhurst, IL (PRWEB) February 25, 2008
Ambir Technology, Inc., http://www.ambir.com, a manufacturer and marketer of scanners and digital imaging software solutions, will introduce the Ambir DS685 duplex ID and insurance card scanner in booth #3675 at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) 2008 Annual Conference and Exposition February 24-28, 2008 in Orlando, Florida.
DS685 duplex ID and insurance card scanner features
- Cost-effective duplex scanning - delivers one-pass scanning of virtually any available ID card or card-sized document (up to 4.2" x 7.25"), including laminated cards and cards with embossed characters
- Engineered for years of trouble-free scanning
- Ultra compact footprint - ideal for any workspace, including space-constrained admitting areas, outpatient services, emergency departments and even mobile carts
- Broad compatibility - industry standard TWAIN driver compatible with thousands of software applications
- High resolution scanning - delivers ID card scanning at 600dpi for crisp, clear results
- Scan directly to PDF - bundled Adobe® PDF scan software conveniently delivers industry standard PDF output
- RoHS compliant - free of lead, mercury and other hazardous substances banned by the RoHS directive
- 1-year limited warranty - extended warranty available
Hospitals: Patient registration scanners:
Ambir DS685 duplex ID and insurance card scanners are engineered for durability and take up minimal counter space rendering them a suitable digital image capture solution for hospital registration areas. While larger, bulkier scanners can provide similar digital imaging capabilities, they do so at an increased cost and footprint and often deliver capabilities beyond what is necessary for this application.
The Ambir DS685 duplex ID and insurance card scanner is ideal for:
- Admitting areas
- Outpatient services
- Emergency departments
- Mobile carts
Software development support:
Supporting developers and system integrators is an important priority for Ambir Technology. Often the ideal customer solution involves the integration of digital capture technology into custom software solutions. SDKs are available for software application providers to directly communicate to the Ambir DS685 duplex ID and insurance card scanner.
Pricing and Availability:
Available now, the Ambir DS685 duplex ID and insurance card scanner costs $329.95 (Model DS685-SS). It can be purchased directly from Ambir Technology, or from wholesale distributors and leading direct solution providers. Like all Ambir document, passport and insurance card scanners, the DS685 is backed by a one-year manufacturer's warranty and extended warranties are available on this product as well. For more information, visit at HIMSS booth #3675 or go to http://www.ambir.com. For support, call 1.630.530.5400.
About Ambir Technology:
Founded in 2000, Ambir Technology is a privately-held manufacturer and marketer of scanners and digital imaging software solutions for the quick digital capture of documents, IDs, photos and other printed materials. Ambir products are designed to maximize workflow, increase productivity and improve data security while saving time and reducing costs. The company strives to consistently bring the highest quality in innovative new products to market. Beyond its product quality, Ambir is distinguished by its commitment to partnering with solution providers, developers and end users to deliver the best solution to meet each customer's unique digital capture needs.
Ambir Technology is a registered trademark of Ambir Technology Inc. and all other marks are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.