Old Saybrook, CT (PRWEB) February 22, 2008
Business and Legal Reports, Inc. (BLR), an award-winning publisher dedicated to supporting HR, Safety and Environmental professionals, announced that it will present a 90-minute audio conference on Tuesday, February 26, entitled "Hiring: The Hidden Risks of Using Google, Facebook, MySpace, and Other Websites to Scope Out New and Prospective Hires; What You Need to Watch Out For."
The audio conference is designed for HR professionals, employers, supervisors, business owners, and anyone else involved in hiring or screening employees. Issues covered include:
- The most common mistakes employers make when they check applicants and current employees on the Web
- Which online sites pose the greatest legal threats for employers when used for HR purposes
- When it's legal to use information found online to evaluate applicants and workers -- and what types of online details you must never use or keep (no matter how damaging or relevant it may seem)
- How you can decide whether the information you've found online is accurate
- The steps you should take if an applicant or employee claims that your online searches constitute an illegal invasion of privacy
- When your Facebook, MySpace, or Google searches may cross the line into discrimination
- The red flags that you may have violated the Fair Credit Reporting Act when surfing the Web to learn more about applicants or employees - and how to protect yourself
Noted industry expert, Anthony J. Zaller, Esq., will present. Mr. Zaller is a partner in the law firm Van Vleck Turner & Zaller in Los Angeles, California. His practice focuses on defending, training, and counseling managers and employers in all areas of labor and employment law, ranging from discrimination and harassment claims to wrongful discharge and wage and hour litigation.
For more information about this conference or to sign up, please go to http://www.blr.com/product.cfm?product=30536800&effort=PRS&source=121
About Business and Legal Reports, Inc.:
Business & Legal Reports, Inc. (BLR) is an award-winning publisher dedicated to supporting HR, Safety and Environmental professionals--helping them stay compliant with the myriad of changing and complicated US State and Federal laws as well as supporting them with easy-to-use tools and training for their staffs. Our team of respected attorneys, analysts and journalists constantly research federal and state legislation, best practices, industry trends, and impending developments that can affect any organization--at any time. We then use this information to deliver timely HR, Safety and Environmental tools, news, information and training to over 250,000 companies worldwide. For more information contact BLR at http://www.blr.com or call 1-800-727-5257.
Business & Legal Reports, Inc.
(800) 727 - 5257 x2189
mswanson @ blr.com
# # #