Isle of Man, British Isles (PRWEB) February 25, 2008
Contractors and temps can alleviate financial stresses by maximising their income and making the most of their work expenses, advises FPS Umbrella (http://www.fpsumbrella.com). Providers of the easiest, fastest and simplest way to be paid for contract and temp work, the company offers the following top tips on how to beat the stress of expenses and keep your finances healthy through processing business expenses.
FPS Umbrella's top tips on maximising expenses:
1. Travelling between your home and your temporary workplace in your own car? Keep a diary of your mileage.
2. Working so late that you need a place to rest your head for a night or two? Make sure add your hotel bill to your expense claim.
3. Travelling some distance to the temporary workplace? Keep hold of train, plane, tube and taxi receipts.
3. Forget your toothbrush? Then Personal Incident Expenditure (PIE) lets you claim £5 for your miscellaneous items, when you have to stay overnight and for this you don't even need a receipt!
4. Need safety boots or any special attire in the work place? Don't let it break your bank...this kind of retail therapy can be expensed.
5. Tearing your hair out over sky high mobile bills? Itemising your business calls could save you a load.
6. Need a list of letters after your name to get the job? Then professional memberships and other subscription fees come off your bottom line.
7. Need cover in case things go wrong? Professional Indemnity insurance can save you in more ways than one and with FPS Umbrella, this is included.
9. Need some java to fuel your early morning start? Every coffee, sarnie and packet of crisps counts as subsistence.
10. And finally, the most important tip of all…always, always keep your receipts and don't claim more than you spend!
"The complex rules and regulations of expense claims can cause confusion and if you want to eliminate your personal stress down the line it's important to ensure all claims meet the necessary eligibility requirements," says Jen Monro, marketing manager for FPS Umbrella. "Ensure you are fully compliant with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) by getting expert advice on each claim."
FPS Umbrella's eligibility questionnaire was drawn up in consultation with HMRC. To find out how much you could be saving on expense claims, ring 0800 634 4848 for a free consultation including a personal estimate of your potential savings.
With FPS you can beat the stress, have a healthy heart and healthy finances.
Notes to Editors
Charterhouse Group International are a worldwide operation providing support services to the international recruitment and contract industry. FPS Umbrella, (http://www.fpsumbrella.com) is a branch of the Charterhouse Group that focuses on contractor services and is designed to eliminate the director responsibilities associated with a limited company.
Media Contact: Sherrilynne Starkie, Strive Public Relations Limited, Phone: +44(0)1624 613434