Our proprietary system would require significant development to meet the needs of our diverse customer base. After researching various commercial systems we believe that TMWSuite will support the broad range of transportation services that we offer and provide the flexibility and visibility we need to better serve our customers.
Cleveland, OH (PRWEB) February 23, 2008
TMW Systems, the largest provider of enterprise management software designed specifically for the transportation industry, today announced that 2007 was a record year for revenue, product releases, new customers, and consecutive quarterly growth. "2007 was a dynamic year for TMW filled with growth and customer success across all three operations - TMW Enterprise Transportation Software (ETS), TMW Asset Maintenance Software (AMS), and TMW Optimization Software," said David Wangler, TMW Systems president and chief executive officer. During the year, TMW grew revenues from its core ETS business, which is comprised of the TMWSuite®, TruckMate® and TL2000™ products by 21.3% over 2006.
TMW also experienced significant year over year growth in its newly acquired Asset Maintenance Software product family, which includes the TMT Fleet Maintenance™ (formerly Transman) product, and in its Optimization Software product family, which includes IDSC Netwise™, IDSC ExpertFuel™, and IDSC MatchAdvice™. Of particular note was an increase in IDSC fourth quarter product revenues of 32.6% over the same period in 2006. "In today's market, successful fleets are focusing on reducing costs and becoming more efficient," said Wangler. "With our new offerings we can address an even larger number of companies with specific solutions for their immediate need, whether it is freight mix optimization, improved control over their maintenance process, or insight into the key performance indicators that drive their business. This capability has become a significant difference between TMW and competitors by providing much more than just a one dimensional dispatch and accounting fleet management system."
"This strategy," said Wangler, "has been validated most recently by the decision of USA Truck to utilize a broad-range of solutions from TMW Systems, including TMWSuite, and IDSC Netwise, IDSC MatchAdvice, and IDSC TripAlert products." USA Truck, Inc., a 2,600-truck dry van truckload carrier, critically evaluated several transportation software providers to determine if it should continue development of its proprietary system or replace it with a commercial system. Cliff Beckham, President and Chief Executive Officer of USA Truck, Inc. said, "Our proprietary system would require significant development to meet the needs of our diverse customer base. After researching various commercial systems we believe that TMWSuite will support the broad range of transportation services that we offer and provide the flexibility and visibility we need to better serve our customers."
In addition to USA Truck, Inc., Wangler also announced that several additional prominent new customers had decided to join TMW's enterprise transportation software and asset maintenance software families, including Tidewater Transit Co., Leonard Express., Fairrington Transportation Corp, Strive Logistics and Matheson Trucking, Inc. In addition, TMW saw growth in the fourth quarter in the newly-acquired IDSC product line, with customers such as Miller Truck Lines, Koch Companies, Keen Transport and Hirschbach coming on board. For the full year, TMW added a record 172 new customers and now services 16 of the top 25 for-hire carriers in the Transport Topics Top 100.
In closing, Wangler announced that during the year TMW was also able to deliver on a number of new market initiatives that drove additional value for customers. These included:
- The release of TruckMate 8.0 and the fulfillment of the promise to the customers of Maddocks Systems Inc., that TMW would continue to support and develop the TruckMate platform after the 2006 acquisition. TruckMate is a comprehensive package of operations, dispatching and accounting software that provides tools such as logistics, less-than-truckload and dedicated carriers. The new release builds on these functions and adds over 4,000 enhancements. These include updated filtering abilities, full-monitoring support and multiple AR/AP improvements.
- The integration of the popular TMW Imaging, DriverSeat™ and TMT Fleet Maintenance software packages for use with the TruckMate platform.
- The launch of TMW's OnRoute™ mobile dispatch solution in partnership with Qualcomm and Sprint. Utilizing Qualcomm's Mobility Wireless Services and Sprint's cellular network, OnRoute turns wireless, smart phones running Java into convenient driver communications devices.
- Continued advancements in segment-specific capabilities in the core TruckMate and TMWSuite platforms for less-than-truckload (LTL) carriers, fuel haulers and intermodal providers.
- The rollout of TMW's D2Link™ software at UniGroup. D2Link, a cost-effective solution for connecting drivers to dispatchers, uses inexpensive cell phones with basic data processing capabilities to enable carriers to integrate dispatch-to-driver communications into their existing enterprise software.
- The release of specific brokerage and 3PL enhancements in TMWSuite to allow more efficient external equipment planning, carrier selection, and advanced check call support.
About TMW Systems
Founded in 1983, TMW Systems, is committed to delivering customer-driven solutions that help companies take better advantage of market opportunities, improve asset productivity and gain a better return on information. TMW's solutions are utilized in diverse markets, including trucking, 3PL, private fleet, construction, municipalities, and waste management. With offices in Cleveland, OH; Durham, NC; Indianapolis, IN; Dallas, TX, and Vancouver, British Columbia; TMW currently serves more than 1,600 customers managing over 325,000 power units and maintaining more than 1.1 million assets worldwide, including North America, Europe, China and Latin America. For more information, visit http://www.tmwsystems.com or call (800) 401-6682.