Big Island, Hawaii (PRWEB) February 25, 2008
American Tire Corporation (ATC) has presented its solutions for the global supply shortage of OTR tires at the 53rd OTR Tire Conference held at Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel, Big Island, Hawaii.
Dr. Abraham Hengyucius, ATC President, delivered the 1st presentation on ATC's solution for the global supply shortage of OTR tires at the Tire Manufacturers Panel #1 on Friday morning.
By dividing into three parts with a short video on Colorado 63" tires running in North America, and a PowerPoint slide show, ATC shared its real tire photos, radial tire designs, Washington plant layout, and tire manufacturing equipments with about 500 participants who are all tire manufacturers and dealers from different countries.
Dr. Hengyucius addressed the following facts and plans:
1. Time has proved ATC's 63" tires are quality products since 2007.
2. ATC's current manufacturing capacity for both radial and bias giant OTR tires from 49" up to 63" tires is limited to 12,000 tires per year.
3. ATC's new plant in Washington will add an annual capacity of 50,000 tires for all sizes of 57" and 63" tires.
The following were emphasized:
1. ATC is one of the government-supported manufacturers with operations in different states and continentals.
2. ATC is not a company as big as Bridgestone and Michelin. However, ATC is doing its best to build OTR tires as giant as Bridgestone and Michelin.
3. ATC does not have a history as long as Goodyear and Michelin. However, ATC has the mature technology to build its giant OTR tires with normal performance.
4. ATC created its first 63" tire six years later than Bridgestone and Michelin. However, it was definitely one year earlier than Titan.
5. Even up to today, ATC's 63" tires are still the only one, beyond Bridgestone and Michelin, running on the earth.
After Dr. Hengyucius's presentation, Mr. Roger Lucas (Michelin's Vice President for OTR Tires), Mr. Ryan Waldron (Goodyear's General Manager for Global OTR Tires), Mr. Nelson Richards (Yokohama's National Sales Manager), Mr. Shawn Rasey (Bridgestone's Executive Director for OTR Tires), and Mr. Paul Hawkins (Titan's Vice President for Operations) respectively delivered their solutions and efforts for the supply shortage of OTR tires from the stands of manufacturers.
In addition, ATC and Bridgestone had a pleasant dialogue for more than 30 minutes after this panel.
Organized by Tire Industry Association and moderated by Mr. Greg Smith, publisher of Modern Tire Dealer magazine, the Tire Manufacturers Panel #1 was held, as part of the 53rd OTR Tire Conference, on Friday morning, February 22, 2008.
With objective to become the largest and best manufacturer for 63" and 57" tires, American Tire Corporation is a well-established OTR tire manufacturer which has had several "firsts" in the OTR tire industry. For more information, please check its website http://www.americantire.us.