We have seen a strong impetus, predominately within our Life Sciences and Financial Services customers, to look for a more cost effective alternative to Documentum eRoom for their collaborative document management needs
Jersey City, NJ (PRWEB) February 28, 2008
AvePoint, an industry leader in enterprise-strength data protection and management for Microsoft SharePoint, has released the Documentum eRoom migration software as part of its award-wining DocAve Software Platform for SharePoint. The new DocAve eRoom Migrator module provides an efficient and cost-effective approach to transfer collaborative workspaces and document libraries from Documentum eRoom into Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) v3. This allows SharePoint administrators to easily automate the process of consolidating multiple content sources onto SharePoint, while maximizing the return on investment in existing content currently residing in Documentum eRoom.
With DocAve eRoom Migrator, administrators can easily perform seamless, full-fidelity content migration to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services version 3. It supports selective migrations and allows for the co-existence of multiple platforms as businesses migrate content incrementally into SharePoint.
"We have seen a strong impetus, predominately within our Life Sciences and Financial Services customers, to look for a more cost effective alternative to Documentum eRoom for their collaborative document management needs," said John Katzbach, Director of Enterprise Solutions, Entology, Inc. "Certainly MOSS 2007, with its breadth of capabilities, including collaborative document management and tight integration with Microsoft Outlook and the Office suite, tops the list. Now, with the release of AvePoint's DocAve 4.5 eRoom Migrator tool and its ability to easily migrate eRoom elements into MOSS 2007 including collaborative workspaces, document libraries, users and security permissions, the justification for our eRoom customers to make the switch is that much easier."
Key Features and Benefits of DocAve eRoom Migrator include:
- Effectively Consolidate eRoom Content Sources onto SharePoint 2007: DocAve eRoom Migrator reduces content sprawl and improves IT productivity by centralizing eRoom project databases and other collaborative assets onto a single SharePoint repository.
- Maintain Consistent Service Levels Before and After Migration: With optimized mapping of eRoom elements to the associated SharePoint artifacts, including users and security permissions, everything is kept in sync, so knowledge workers can continue to use their online projects with confidence and without interruption.
- Flexible Deployment and Scheduling: Migrate an entire workspace, a document library, or just a single list item. Granular content migration and flexible job scheduling allows administrators to plan migration jobs according to business needs and other organizational timetables.
"With record adoption of Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies in the Enterprise Collaboration Market and with so many enterprises switching over from other document repositories, our customers are constantly looking for reliable tools to easily and selectively migrate content, permissions, and metadata into their new SharePoint environment," said TJ (Tianyi) Jiang, Chief Operating Officer, AvePoint. "Following AvePoint's tradition of developing world-class software for SharePoint platform management, we are excited to release DocAve 4.5 eRoom Migrator to help ease organizations transition into the new and powerful SharePoint platform."
DocAve 4.5 migration modules provide IT Administrators with all the functionality required to successfully migrate to SharePoint 2007. DocAve's innovative and reliable data transfer is unique in its ability to granularly migrate content down to individual items while retaining all of its associated metadata.
DocAve migration modules currently include:
- SharePoint Migrator supporting migration from Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2003 / Windows SharePoint Services v2 into Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services v3 (Granular on demand migration solution from SPS 2001 / WSS V1 to MOSS 2007 and WSS V3 is also available)
- Exchange Public Folder Migrator supporting selective and incremental migration from Microsoft Exchange Public Folders into Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services v3
- File System Migrator supporting migration from File Systems or Networked File Shares into Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services v3
- Room Migrator supporting migration from Documentum eRoom into Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services v3
The combination of industry leading technologies, such as backup and recovery, administration, replication, compliance and migration, within one DocAve 4.5 Software Platform embodies AvePoint's unique approach to SharePoint Server backend management, and continues the expansion of AvePoint's award-winning product line.
For more information on DocAve 4.5 eRoom Migrator, visit http://www.avepoint.com/products/sharepoint-migration/eroom-migration.
For more information on all DocAve 4.5 software modules, visit http://www.avepoint.com/products.