Santa Clara, CA (PRWEB) March 4, 2008
Amtel announces its award winning TIMS™ cell phone software platform provides the segregation of corporate wireless / mobile / cell phone billing into company verses personal usage segments. Companies can automatically send the reports to the end users or the divisional heads.
Recently IRS (Internal Revenue Service) has audited some large organizations making them liable for millions of dollars in back taxes related to mobile services spend.
IRS Requirements: The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Code Section 274 classifies mobile phones and pagers as "listed property", making them subject to strict substantiation requirements. Business use of listed property is excluded from the wages of the employee as a working condition fringe benefit. However, any personal use of cell phone / pager devices is taxable and included in the wages of the employee. If substantiation requirements are not met, all use of the mobile device is taxable and included in the wages of the employee.
IRS Regulation 1.274-5T(c) requires adequate records including written documentary evidence sufficient to establish each element of business use.
In order to meet these IRS requirements, the business use of a cell phone must be supported with adequate records, including a detailed listing of calls made and costs of equipment and service.
Amtel's (http://www.amtelnet.com ) award winning TIMS™ cell phone software platform (Telecom Information Management System) is designed to provide an easy to manage application for tracking mobile phone services at an organization. Employees can each set up phone numbers to be tracked for personal usage. Companies can set up a detailed mobile phone usage policy and track it each month. The system can automatically segregate calls & split billing.
TIMS™ hosted SaaS+ based platform provides a comprehensive solution for procurement, inventory management, invoice auditing and cost center allocation of phone services. The solution helps IT & accounting departments to streamline and substantially reduce telecom/mobile expenses at their organizations:
- Order/Procurement Management: The system tracks all the changes in the mobile phone environment at an enterprise, orders new activations with right rate plans; disconnects departing employees; handles equipment returns and reporting port over from one carrier to another. Companies get complete visibility and control from order placement to installation to validation.
- Invoice Processing & Cost Allocations: The invoices are processed and validated. It fully automates invoice management and charge back across groups/locations within an enterprise. Companies can then set allocation rules for cost centers based on variety of factors including user, percentage share or revenue/spend.
- Auditing & Contract Management: The invoices are audited for accurate validation of charges for usage and equipment. It provides tools for managing and ensuring compliance with multiple carrier contracts. It tracks monthly spend to correlate commitment levels. The cell phone software system automatically sends renewal notification for contracts nearing the end of term.
- Optimization: The system allows for optimization of a pool of minutes to best manage the cost of the services. Organization can also build scenarios with various types of plans & multiple carriers and compare costs. This module is a great tool for current cost reduction & future contract negotiation.
- Knowledge base: The system is constantly updated with new devices & plans made available by the carriers each month. Old plans & devices are set to End-of-life. IT & procurement managers use this information to setup and order bundles for various levels of users in the company.
- Reporting: The system provides an extensive array of reports which can be configured to the needs of an enterprise. It provides smart privileges based reporting. The CIO/CFO level would need the overall financial details where as the location manager may want to see his department spend- all leading to enhanced operational efficiencies. Detailed reporting & scheduling is done for chargeback accounting, location breakup charges, employee cellular equipment types, plan types, pooling optimization services and more.
Organizations can streamline their mobile services environment and reduce operational expenses using TIMS™.
For more information about the Amtel TIMS™ cell phone software platform, please visit http://www.amtelnet.com
AMTEL is the leading provider of Total Telecom Cost Management services for both wireline and wireless services. AMTEL's complete solution for managing and optimizing telecom assets helps companies to simplify telecoms management and reduce their costs. TIMS™ mobile phone software platform and professional services help organizations in telecom financial management, auditing, infrastructure analysis, chargeback accounting, consolidation, contract management and technology assessment.
Amtel Contact: Gregory Andrews
408 615 0522 x 209