Cornwall, UK (PRWEB) March 5, 2008
Thursday 6th March 2008 is the closing date for the survey, produced by E-consultancy and sponsored by search engine marketing agency Neutralize. More than 700 digital marketers responded to last year's survey including just under 400 client-side search marketers and more than 250 agencies. The number of respondents this year has already gone beyond those of 2007.
Those taking part in this year's survey will receive a free copy of the ensuing 2008 UK Search Engine Marketing Benchmark Report.
The research will cover online marketing budgets and the effectiveness of search marketing, as well as looking at the use of social media.
Lotte Mahon, marketing manager at Neutralize (**) said:
"The number of respondents this year has already surpassed last year which is fantastic and there's still time to get involved with the survey and to obtain a free copy of the report if you haven't already. We are really looking forward to seeing the compiled results and producing the 2008 report. Last year's results offered a unique insight into UK Search Engine Marketing and the report received a wealth of positive feedback."
The online survey, which is open to both advertisers and agencies, will be live until Thursday 6 March. Those wishing to complete the survey should visit the following URL: http://tinyurl.com/3al59r
Highlights from last year's report included:
- Just under half of respondents (48%) said that their companies carried out paid search exclusively in-house. Some 57% of companies were doing SEO exclusively in-house.
- On average, company respondents said that they spent 32% of their total marketing budget on online marketing. On average, they spent a third of their online marketing budget on Search
- Overall, respondents said that SEO was more important than PPC in terms of impact on brand.
- Google was viewed as the best search engine across a range of criteria. However, half of respondents believed that Google had an unhealthy dominance of the UK search marketplace.
- According to company respondents, lack of internal resource was the biggest problem preventing success for both Paid Search and SEO (natural search).
Details about last year's report are available at the following URL:
For further information or images please contact:
0870 063 0707
Neutralize (**) is one of the UK's leading full service search engine marketing agencies, specialising in enterprise Search Engine Optimisation and advanced Pay Per Click Management. Neutralize have unrivalled experience in driving business success - in 2005 they were finalists for "Marketing Firm of the Year" in the UK Innovation and Growth Awards and placed 6th in the Deloitte Fast 50 business growth awards. Neutralize (**) was presented with the "Best Search Engine Optimisation Agency" at the 2007 Travolution Awards.
Neutralize is a Google Enterprise Professional Partner and a Google Adwords Qualified Company.
Neutralize (**) are dedicated members of the Nominet Steering Committee and Committee Members of the Search Marketing Association (UK).
Neutralize is part of notabene.net