Southfield, MI (PRWEB) March 7, 2008
DSS Corporation, (http://www.equature.com) launched a new Email Archiving Basics thought leadership website. This is the first in a series to come.
The website (http://www.emailarchivingbasics.com) is designed for IT Staff and Management Teams who need a Full Cycle Email Archiving Solution to protect their businesses. The site covers a broad range of requirements that an effective email archiving platform must have to obtain the 7 objectives of: Compliance, E-Discovery, Storage Optimization, Email Business Value, Email Search Productivity, Knowledge Management and Quality Management.
The topics include: email archiving as well as full cycle communications capture including VoIP, Chat and email.
This email archiving website focuses on 7 objectives which include the following:
1. Compliance with FRCP (Federal Rules of Civil Procedure), HIPPA, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) and many other regulations are forcing organizations to archive and retain email and other communication methods like chat and telephone calls.
2. E-Discovery: Organizations today need to have an automated Email Archiving retention policy in place. Organizations that allow each employee to manually archive their own email are at risk for potential litigation. If an automated retention policy is in place then retention for the whole organization is consistent with established policy and risk is reduced.
3. Storage Optimization on Microsoft Exchange Systems: Users want more space to save emails. This fact makes it very difficult and expensive for Exchange users. If Exchange is limited in storage, then users save emails in PST files. This creates a storage management headache as well as a compliance headache. Effective Email archiving can eliminate this issue.
4. Email Business Value: Users want access to emails because they contain business value. That value may not be needed for 1 year, but when it is needed, users want it. If email archiving is limited to simple backups, then this business value is practically impossible to locate, and therefore wasted.
5. Email Search Productivity: It is estimated that employees waste between 2 and 4 hours per week searching for specific emails. An effective Email archiving solution could eliminate most of this because of its Enterprise Search capabilities.
6. Knowledge Management - Email systems are one of the biggest repositories of intellectual property and business information for organizations. An effective Email Archiving solution can harness this information asset, allowing for reporting, mining and analytics.
7. Quality Management - The notion of Quality Assessment is somewhat new to the Email and Communications archiving market. An effective Email Archiving platform must have a Quality Assessment module so department heads can score their team members' email communications. This simple add-on is required for team building, improving customer service and to satisfy internal communication needs.
The site http://www.emailarchivingbasics.com also provides a whitepaper addressing these issues and provides requirements to procure an effective email archiving solution.
For more information on Email Archiving best practices, please visit: http://www.emailarchivingbasics.com
DSS Corporation (http://www.equature.com ), headquartered in Southfield, Michigan, specializes in operational improvement and customer satisfaction for private industry.
Contact: Jeff Vezina, DSS Corporation Phone: (866) dss-corp Fax: (248) 569-6567 Email: jvezina(at)dss-corp.com Web site: http://www.equature.com