York, PA (PRWEB) March 9, 2008
Distribution professionals who want to raise their operation to a world class standard and also learn about the latest innovations can do so by attending a two-day seminar, taught by a nationally recognized supply chain expert.
The seminar, Best Practices in Distribution Center Design, Operations and Management, will be offered twice. The first is April 8 - 9, at the Double Tree Galleria in Dallas, TX, and the second is April 15 - 16, at Northern Illinois University, in Hoffman Estates (Chicago), Ill.
The presenter is Ken Miesemer, a senior consultant with St. Onge. Co., president of the Warehouse Education Research Council, former director of distribution for Hersey Foods and the author of the acclaimed distribution book, Start-up of a World Class DC: A Roadmap to Success.
"You are in for a very special treat. A seasoned professional who knows how to get the job done, Ken Miesemer is one of the most effective communicators I have heard in my 35 years of organizing and conducting seminars and conferences on supply chain technology, systems and best practices," said John M. Hill, principal, ESYNC/TranSystems.
This seminar goes beyond the theory, Miesemer says. It addresses what attendees can actually accomplish in their own environment, "We will not only expose each attendee to an entire new way of viewing the supply chain, we expect them to leave with a plan for their own operation that they can implement almost immediately."
Attendees who would most profit from this seminar include vice presidents, directors and managers of distribution and logistics. It is also ideal for managers who deal with distribution centers, warehouses, inventory, engineering or anyone interested in improving their distribution system.
Subjects covered include:
- Case Study - Starting Up A World-Class DC (Fortune 500 Company).
- Optimizing DC Facility Layout and Operations.
- Planning For Efficient Materials Flow.
- Inventory Management and Control.
- DC Performance Measurement - Planning For Efficient Use Of Labor And Equipment Resources
- Selecting And Implement Enabling Technologies (WMS, LMS, Slotting, RF, Voice).
- Selecting and Partnering With A 3rd Party Logistics Provider (3pl).
- Cost Plus and Gain Sharing - An Alternative To Rate-Based Agreement.
The St. Onge Co. and SupplyChain Digest are co-sponsors of the seminar.
To register or for more information, visit: http://www.scdigest.com/DC_seminars.php or call (717) 487-1469.