Berkeley, CA (PRWEB) March 12, 2008
LINQ is the project name for a set of extensions to the .NET 3.5 Framework that provide a generic approach to querying data from different data sources. LINQ premiered in Visual Studio 2008, and is set to become the next must-have skill for .NET developers.
"Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008" will get users started with examples that cut right to the thick of it, demonstrating each operator, method, and class. For instance, code samples demonstrating how to handle concurrency conflicts actually create concurrency conflicts so readers can step through the code and see them unfold. And where this book will return the reader's investment is in the hours, and sometimes days, spent by the author to determine why something may not work as expected. Most books tell readers about the simple stuff, while few books warn them of the pitfalls.
Written with a sense of humor, author Joseph Rattz, Jr. will teach the reader:
- How to leverage all the new LINQ relevant C# 2008 language features including extension methods, lambda expressions, anonymous data types, and partial methods.
- How to use LINQ to Objects to query in-memory data collections such as arrays, ArrayLists, and Lists to retrieve the data you want.
- Why some queries are deferred, how a deferred query can bite you, and how you can make deferred queries work for you.
- How to use LINQ to XML to revolutionize your creation, manipulation, and searching of XML data.
- How to query DataSets with LINQ to DataSet so you can co-exist with legacy code and use LINQ to query databases other than SQL Server.
- How to query Databases with LINQ to SQL, write your own entity classes, and understand how to handle concurrency conflicts.
For more information about LINQ, you can check out the author's portal at http://www.linqdev.com.
For more information about Apress' innovative approach to publishing and for notice of new and forthcoming .NET books, contact Stephen Wiley at stephen.wiley @ apress.com.
"Apress Leads the Way in LINQ"
Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008
Joseph Rattz, Jr.
Published November 2007
$44.99; 600 pages
Apress, Inc., based in Berkeley, CA, is the fastest-growing publisher of technical books in the world today. It is dedicated to meeting the needs of IT professionals, from novice to expert. Apress is dedicated to publishing titles of the highest quality and has compiled a team of authors that is a "Who's Who" of the high-tech industry. Find out more at http://www.apress.com.