Plano, TX (PRWEB) March 11, 2008
Six weeks of festivities, more than 1,500 giveaways, product samplings, entertainment, free health screenings, cooking contests, special grocery savings and family fun will mark the grand re-opening of the Carnival Super Market at 3320 K Ave. and Parker Road in Plano. The celebration, which will run from today to April 29, will include both in-store and parking lot events that mix multicultural artistic performances with interactive health and wellness educational opportunities and a wealth of kid-friendly activities.
Amid colorful balloons, music, cake and fresh food samplings throughout the store, Carnival will host an open house celebration this afternoon from 4-8 p.m. Commemorative remarks and a cash-register-tape-cutting ceremony will begin at 4:45 p.m. A priest and a minister will bless the remodeled store and local dignitaries and Carnival executives will mark the occasion with brief remarks.
The first 100 customers after the store opens at 7 a.m. on Wednesday morning March 12, and for the next four days through Sunday March 16, will receive free products. Drawings will also be held during the six weeks of festivities for prizes that include a Ford F-150 pickup truck, a television, $100 gift certificates, circus tickets and more.
Extensive product samplings and fresh food demos will highlight special items from each department during the six-week promotion. Special discounts on fresh meat, fish, produce and more will be announced in each week's advertising circular and in special hot buys promoted on the radio.
On Saturday, free glucose screenings will be available in the farmacia (pharmacy) and free dental screenings will be provided by All Smiles Dental and Orthodontics between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. In the parking lot, the Anita Martinez Ballet Folklorico will perform with mariachis.
The fun runs through April and beyond. Following is a sampling of the family-oriented events scheduled over the next six weeks:
- Anita Martinez Ballet Folklorico dancers and mariachis on 3/15, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Dallas Mavericks Dancers and Street Team on 3/15, 12-2 p.m.
- FC-Dallas player signing autographs & ticket giveaway on 3/22, 12-6 p.m.
- "Kids in the Kitchen" recipe contest in parking lot with Junior League of Plano on 3/29, 10-3 p.m.
- Hella Shrine Circus performers on 4/3 at 6 p.m., 4/4 at 3-5 p.m.
- Multicultural performances by Young Audiences artists on 4/12
- Free glucose screenings on 3/15, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Free dental screenings on 3/15, 3/22, 12-6 p.m.
- Tony the Tiger on 3/15, 3/16, 10-1 p.m.
- All Smiles "Molar Man" on 3/15, 3/22, 12-6 p.m.
- Del Valle "Wheel of Fortune" on 3/15, 3/16, 12-6 p.m.
- Snapple Sampling Team on 3/15, 4/20, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Balloon artists on 3/15, 3/16, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Face painting on 3/15 from 2-4 p.m. and 3/29, 3/30 from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Arts and crafts on 3/15 from 2-4 p.m.
- Bimbo bread games and giveaways on 3/16, 12-6 p.m.
- D.J. on 3/15, 3/22, 3/29, 4/5, 4/12, 12-4 p.m.
- Photographs with the Easter Bunny on 3/22 from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Twinkie "The Kid" on 3/30, 4/5, 4/6, 4/12, 4/13, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Healthy scavenger hunts on 4/5, 4/6 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Dr Pepper Hispanic Sampling Team on 4/12, 4/13, 4/19, 4/20, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Elsie the Cow on 4/22, 2-6 p.m.
- Free balloons for kids every weekend from 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Univision TV remote on 3/15, 9-11 a.m. and 3/22, 12-3 p.m.
- KESS-FM radio (107.9) remote on 3/15, 4/5, 12-2 p.m.
- KHKS-FM radio (106.1) remote on 3/16, 4/19, 1-3 p.m.
- KLNO-FM radio (94.1) remote on 3/22, 4/12, 12-2 p.m.
About Carnival Supermarkets and Minyard Food Stores
Carnival Food Stores (http://www.carnivalsupermarkets.com) consists of 25 Latino-themed grocery stores in the Dallas /Fort Worth Metroplex that are designed to meet the needs of customers in the local neighborhoods and appeal to the fast-growing Latino market. With its flagship store in Oak Cliff, Carnival launched a unique approach to the grocery marketplace that it is expanding to other locations. Carnival is owned by Coppell, Texas-based Minyard Food Stores, Inc., the only grocery chain locally owned and headquartered in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. The company also operates 21 Minyard Food Stores and 12 Sack'n Save Warehouse Food Stores.