if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Lehigh Valley, PA (PRWEB) March 14, 2008
As the saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." That simple statement is true for Lehigh Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau's popular Stay & Play golf travel packages. The eastern Pennsylvania region has been offering the affordable deals to duffers and scratch players alike from across the Mid-Atlantic for nearly a decade.
One reason for the package's success is that it features all of the necessary components for a great golf trip including overnight accommodations at one of seven area hotels, breakfast and 18 holes of golf with greens fee, cart and taxes at one of seven participating golf courses. Package rates start at $119 per person, per night, based on double occupancy and vary depending on mid-week or weekend tee times. Surcharges apply to some courses. Packages are available now through December 2008 (weather permitting).
Another reason the package is so well-liked by savvy golfers is because they receive access to preferred tee times at the course of their choice, guaranteeing them a better chance of playing when they want. And since Stay & Play packages are designed to be convenient, participating hotels act as a one-stop-shop, booking the tee time and cart directly with the golf course of the visitor's choice.
The Lehigh Valley is home to world-class golf courses, several of which have received four or more stars in Golf Digest's Places to Play rankings. The courses participating in this year's Stay & Play packages are:
- Allentown Municipal Golf Course, Allentown - http://www.allentownpa.org
- The Architects Golf Club, Phillipsburg, NJ - http://www.thearchitectsclub.com
- Center Valley Club, Center Valley - http://www.centervalleyclubgolf.com
- The Club at Morgan Hill, Easton - http://www.theclubatmorganhill.com
- Olde Homestead Golf Club, New Tripoli - http://www.oldehomesteadgolfclub.com
- Riverview Country Club, Easton - http://www.riverviewcountryclub.com
- Southmoore Golf Course, Bath - http://www.southmooregolf.com
Golfers can book Stay & Play packages by contacting one of the lodging participants below:
- Four Points Sheraton Allentown Airport - (610) 266-1000
- Hilton Garden Inn Allentown Airport - (610) 443-1400
- Historic Hotel Bethlehem - (610) 625-5000
- Holiday Inn Conference Center - (610) 391-1000
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bethlehem - (610) 838-6110
- Ramada Allentown/Whitehall - (610) 439-1037
- Staybridge Suites Allentown Airport - (610) 443-5000
Travelers can request a 2008 Lehigh Valley Map & Guide which contains a "Stay & Save" insert section featuring details on the Stay & Play package program. Call 1-800-747-0561 or visit http://www.LehighValleyPA.org and click on the "Free brochures & maps" button on the homepage.
The Lehigh Valley is located in eastern Pennsylvania and is a one hour drive north of Philadelphia and one and half hours west of New York City. It is easily reached via Interstates 78 and 476 and U.S. Routes 22 & 33.
The Lehigh Valley is proud to host the 2009 U.S. Women's Open Championship, July 6 - 12 at Saucon Valley Country Club in Center Valley, Pa. Visit http://www.2009USWomensOpen.com for details and to order tickets.
The Lehigh Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau is the designated tourist promotion agency of Lehigh and Northampton counties. Its mission is to develop and promote the Lehigh Valley as a leisure destination and as a destination for meetings and conventions for the area's economic benefit. For more information on LVCVB, call 1-800-747-0561.