Charlottesville, VA (PRWEB) March 14, 2008
Saferkidz, LLC, a Charlottesville, VA based business, announces the launch of its latest program Child Alert System. The child safety program provides parents and law enforcement with the information and tools needed to issue an Amber Alert and initiate an effective search in the event of a missing or abducted child.
"There are about 58,000 non-family abductions each year. 74% of all children who are abducted and murdered are dead within 3 hours - roughly the same amount of time it takes for most families to gather the information needed by police for an effective search and to issue an Amber Alert. Our mission was to develop a way for parents to have instant access to the critical information police need to begin the process of bringing their child home safely," says Tom Schlegel, CEO of Child Alert System (http://www.childalertsystem.com).
Child Alert System offers a system for storing critical information for up to 10 children per family. Information is synchronized in 3 locations including a 1 gig USB keychain, personal hard drive, and Child Alert System's secure online, password-protected account.
Information stored in the child's profile includes:
- Dental records
- Identifying marks
- DNA analysis reports
- Full biographical information
Included with the Child Alert System Kit are:
- Fingerprint cards and ink strips
- Dental record cards
- Identifying marks cards
- DNA kits including Dacron swab, storage envelope, and swab mailer
- Access to an emergency telephone coordinator for each incident to assist the parents and law enforcement in assuring the information is readily available.
- KidzMap, a feature listing addresses of schools, library, the mall, friend's homes etc.
- KidzBlast , an automated text message and email blast system that will send out up to 100 emails and text messages with one click to up to 100 contacts in the event that a child is missing.
- A fully automated Missing Child poster that can be printed, or distributed electronically via email is generated when a parent activates an alert.
- Important educational information for parents. Knowledge and preparedness is safety. A library of MP3 audio books and e-books available for download
According to the US Department of Justice, nearly 800,000 children are reported missing each year. More than 99% of them eventually come home. Sadly, too many do not.
Research shows that 63% of all families do not have a photo of their children taken within the last 6 months. It takes the average family more than 2.5 hours to gather the information needed for an effective search.
Child Alert System will begin its national media tour April 14th to include more than 35 major morning and evening news programs. The company's mission is to protect more than 8 million families in 2008.
About Child Alert System: Child Alert System (http://www.childalertsystem.com) is the only fully parent controlled tool available today designed to help parents find their child and reduce the amount of time that a child is away from home. Child Alert System operates on the value of contributing to others, and looks forward to continuing to support some of America's most effective child safety organizations.