Auckland, New Zealand (PRWEB) March 17, 2008
Opalesque, the world's largest subscription-based publisher on alternative investments, has launched a new, pioneering publication, the Opalesque Roundtable Series. In an Opalesque Roundtable, Opalesque unites some of the leading hedge fund managers (single and multi strategy managers) as well as representatives of the local investor base (institutions, fund of funds, advisers) to gain unique insights into the specific idiosyncrasies and developments, the issues and advantages of each hedge fund center.
Opalesque has chosen to focus on New Zealand in its first Roundtable issue to underline the value of this new Opalesque publication. Readers will get to know some of the leading heads of each hedge fund center and find invaluable information and intelligence without any travel involved.
The Opalesque New Zealand Roundtable was sponsored by Minter Ellison Rudd Watts Lawyers
(http://www.minterellison.co.nz) and took place in their Auckland office.
The participants of the Opalesque New Zealand Roundtable are:
- Michael (Mike) Gibbs Harris, Director, MGH Asset Management
- Jerry Haworth, Director, 36 South Investment Managers
- Anthony Limbrick, Chairman, CIO Pure Capital, Chairman New Zealand Absolute Return Association
- Robert (Rob) Holroyd, Principal, Commodity Strategies
- David Copley, Managing Director, Trafalgar Copley
- Paul Bevin, General manager of Investments, NZ Government Superannuation Fund and National Provident Fund
- Greg Jones, Director, New Zealand Assets Management
In this Roundtable transcript, readers will learn:
- Who are some of the leading local New Zealand hedge fund managers, their style and strengths
- The steps which one of the largest state government pension fund is taking to become a hedge fund investor
- The "guerrilla tactics" New Zealand hedge funds apply in order to find attention, despite the fact that "about 90% of hedge fund analysts, as soon as they hear you are from New Zealand, they make a mental note to try and find a reason to shoot you down because they don't want to come to New Zealand"
- How a New Zealand fund of funds, operating since 1991, manages to get into the best of breed hedge funds even though they may be closed for other investors
- What could be the future of a New Zealand hedge fund industry?
The Opalesque Roundtable Script can be downloaded here: http://www.opalesque.com/newsite/index.php?act=static&and=Roundtable
Opalesque leads the finance media space for its in-depth and innovative products. Since February 2003, Opalesque is publishing Alternative Market Briefing, the premium news service on hedge funds and alternatives. The launch of these Briefing was a revolution in the hedge fund media space ("Opalesque changed the world by bringing transparency where there was opacity and by delivering an accurate professional reporting service." - Nigel Blanchard, Culross) combining proprietary news with the "clipping service" approach of integrating third party news. Each week, Opalesque publications are read by more than 360,000 industry professionals from all over the globe.
Opalesque is the only daily hedge fund publisher which is actually read by the elite managers themselves (http://www.opalesque.com/op_testimonials.html). For more information, please go to http://www.opalesque.com.
About Opalesque publications:
Alternative Market Briefing:
A daily newsletter on the global hedge fund industry, highly praised for its completeness and timely delivery of the most important daily news for professionals dealing with hedge funds. Alternative Market Briefing offers both a quick overview and in-depth coverage. Subscribers can also access the industry's largest news archive ( 26,000 articles ) on hedge funds and related topics.
Opalesque A SQUARE = Alternative Alternatives is the first web publication, globally, that is dedicated exclusively to alternative investments. A SQUARE's weekly selection feature unique investment opportunities that bear virtually no correlation to the main stream hedge fund strategies and/or distinguish themselves by virtue of their "alternative" motive - social, behavioural, natural resources, sustainable /environment related investing.
With its "research that reveals" approach, fast facts and investment oriented analysis, A SQUARE offers diversification and complementary ideas for: private, high net-worth and institutional investors, pension funds and endowments, portfolio and hedge funds managers.
Technical Research Briefing:
Delivers three times a week a global perspective/overview on all major markets, including Equity Indices, Fixed Income, Currencies, and Commodities. Opalesque Technical Research is unique compared to most available research which is fundamental in nature, and not technically (chart) oriented.
Opalesque Roundtable Series:
In an Opalesque Roundtable, we unite some of the leading hedge fund managers (single and multi strategy managers) as well as representatives of the local investor base (institutions, fund of funds, advisers) to gain unique insights into the specific idiosyncrasies and developments, the issues and advantages of individual global hedge fund centers.
No matter if you are a hedge fund investor looking for new talent, a hedge fund interested in diversifying your investor base or a service provider looking for new clients, you will get to know some of the leading heads of each hedge fund center and find invaluable information and intelligence right on your desk, without any travel involved. For more information, please go to http://www.opalesque.com.