Flower Mound, TX (PRWEB) March 18, 2008
Genuitec, LLC, a founding member of the Eclipse Foundation, announced today the availability of Pulse 2.0. Pulse 2.0 features an enhanced catalog with hundreds of new plugins to choose from. It gives users the accessibility and freedom of choice to customize and share their software distributions.
"Our customers spoke and we listened," said Todd Williams, vice president of technology for Genuitec. "Overwhelmingly, our users liked Pulse's ability to package and organize their tools, but they needed more tooling options for their profiles. Pulse 2.0 provides several hundred additional popular tools from Eclipse Plugin Central (EPIC), and there are even more to come as Pulse and EPIC are updated over time."
In addition to the expanded catalog, the preview of Pulse 2.0 is more streamlined and intuitive to use within the familiar user interface, but includes many of the enhancements of the lauded p2 platform.
"By utilizing the power of p2, Pulse is able to handle many of the 'behind the scenes' tasks even more efficiently and in a stable manner," said Tim Webb, product manager for Genuitec's Pulse. "Between these underlying technology advances and the addition of hundreds of plugin options, Pulse 2.0 gives users the richest possible experience."
Also introduced with Pulse 2.0 is "Pulse Freelance." This add-on service for Pulse allows users to contribute any items to their profiles that are not currently listed in the Pulse catalog and share those profiles with other Pulse Freelance users effortlessly. Freelance will also provide the ability to provision your workspace, giving users maximum portability.
Genuitec is also proud to announce that the well-known code editing product SlickEdit Core 3.3 will be made available to Pulse users with the release of Pulse 2.0. SlickEdit Core is a plug-in for Eclipse that allows developers to use the popular SlickEdit code editor as the default editor within the Eclipse environment. SlickEdit Core is available for $99/year.
"We are delighted to partner with a leading company such as Genuitec, known for its strong commitment to community and developer satisfaction," said Erica Boisvert, President and COO of SlickEdit. "We look forward to leveraging the end-user convenience offered by the Pulse catalog to deliver SlickEdit Core to the Eclipse community."
Pulse 2.0 is multiple-license compliant and also includes the following features and enhancements:
- Fastest plugin installations: Through optimized use of mirrors and simultaneous downloading of components
- Automated Dependency Resolution: No need to worry about compatibility
- Lowest overhead: When creating multiple profiles, only the features unique to the new profile must be downloaded
- Extreme flexibility: Features from multiple projects/products can easily be combined as desired
- Profile-based shared preference and workspace configuration and update
- Rich user experience: RCP-based client enjoy experience and ease of use
- Convenient desktop integration: Customizable program group and desktop icons to enable fast profile launches
- User interface: Provides customizable areas for detailed product descriptions, cross-sell, rating, and redirect opportunities
- Facilitates sharing: Profiles, preferences, and project sets are shared through private, by-invitation groups (similar to IM clients)
- Allows Anonymous Usage: Ready to run profiles are available
- Optional Registration: User registration is only required for customization / sharing / support. Users may remain completely anonymous.
- Small initial installation footprint: 5mb
Pricing & Availability
Genuitec's Pulse 2.0 is a free service and is available at: http://www.poweredbypulse.com
Pulse Freelance is a value-add service priced at $6 per month per user, and is available for a 30-day trial.
Genuitec, LLC, is an Eclipse-based company offering innovative Java and J2EE development tools. Genuitec offers training and expert consulting and development services for the Eclipse SDK and Rich Client Platforms. An original sponsor of Eclipse Plug-in Central, Genuitec joined the Eclipse Foundation early in 2003 and currently has an employee serving as an elected member of the board of directors, actively participating in the strategy development and direction of the organization. Genuitec LLC was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Flower Mound, Texas.
Genuitec and MyEclipse are trademarks of Genuitec, LLC. All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and should be treated as such.
North American Sales Contact: Genuitec, LLC, 2221 Justin Rd, #119-340, Flower Mound, TX 75028; Tel: 888-267-4176 X 704, Fax: 214-853-4284,