AfterVote's web-wide community will create the most relevant results and finally bridge the gap between machine and people-driven results. My vision is for AfterVote.com to become the best next-generation web search experience.
Sherman Oaks, CA and New York, NY (PRWEB) March 18, 2008
(Search Engine Strategies, Booth #1400) ABCSearch, an Internext Media Corp. company and the world's largest privately-held PPC search network, today announced the acquisition of social search portal AfterVote.com. Under terms of the agreement, the company has acquired the domain and technology assets of Aftervote.com, for which a re-launch is expected June 1st. The revamped site will include an innovative user retention program as well as many additional enhancements.
- AfterVote.com is a meta-search engine that encourages voting and commentary on search engine query results culled from Google, Yahoo! and MSN, as well as social aggregate sites.
- AfterVote also provides community-building features and enables discovery through friends and groups while giving users extraordinary control of the search parameters needed for accurate results based on their preferences.
- The site was recently named 'Search Engine of the Month' by ReadWriteWeb, was included in the 'Top 100 List of Alternative Search Engines' by AltSearchEngines, and was named to the 'Top 100 Undiscovered Web sites' by PC Magazine's PCMag.com.
- With Aftervote, ABCSearch intends to create a better way to search by infusing the best search results the web already offers along with a way to benefit from the previous experiences and feedback from millions of searchers.
- AfterVote differentiates itself from other social search, ratings and community sites by letting users connect with each other and join groups; integrating searches from other social networks; providing superior privacy control; giving weight to preferred engines; and providing the ability to redeem search points for Visa gift cards and much more.
Quotes, Attributable to Daniel Yomtobian, President and CEO of ABCSearch:
- "Google, Yahoo, and MSN have done a great job with their algorithms. But there is something missing when you rely purely on computer programs to determine relevancy. Although there have been a few previous attempts to solve this problem there still exists relevancy and scalability issues with other engines."
- "AfterVote's web-wide community will create the most relevant results and finally bridge the gap between machine and people-driven results. My vision is for AfterVote.com to become the best next-generation web search experience."
ABCSearch, a subsidiary of Internext Media Corp., is a world leader in online cost-per-click advertising. With over 6 billion searches a month through its network of targeted search engines and niche-specific directories, the company provides its advertisers with lower costs, improved results, fraud protection, and total control of targeted advertising. To learn more about ABCSearch, please visit http://www.abcsearch.com.