Secaucus, NJ (PRWEB) March 19, 2008
Professional Postgraduate Services® (PPS®), renowned for its award-winning healthcare websites, is proud to announce the launch of Selecting Appropriate Dermal Fillers for Aesthetic Enhancement of the Face: An Interactive, Self-Study Course, now available on AestheticEnhance.org.
Developed in collaboration with AestheticEnhance.org Steering Committee Member Kevin C. Smith, MD, FRCP(C), and Emily F. Pollard, MD, FACS, this case-based course module is the quintessential collection of data on dermal fillers. Drs Smith and Pollard are noted experts in aesthetic enhancement. This continuing medical education (CME)-certified, case-based self-study course offers an intriguing look at the full spectrum of dermal fillers and their application in clinical practice with regard to specific patient criteria, including ethnicity and social history. The case studies are accompanied by video demonstrations of the consultation and treatment process filmed by Dr Smith in his practice. In addition, the activity contains a fully referenced slide kit discussing in detail the commercially available dermal fillers, with information on indications, contraindications, adverse events, and typical results.
AestheticEnhance.org is a premier, authoritative resource for the latest clinical information, tools, patient education, and CME activities on aesthetic enhancement. The site recently received a silver award for excellence in site design from the eHealthcare Leadership Awards.
AestheticEnhance.org features a multitude of innovative educational offerings. Among them:
- CME-Certified Activities: Two interactive case studies exploring laser treatment options for facial photodamage and the appropriate sequence of procedures as part of a single-session treatment plan involving the combination of neurotoxins, fillers, and energy are now available
- Dynamic Slide Library: A comprehensive library housing more than 100 slides that can be downloaded for customized presentations
- Current Literature: Overviews and abstracts of the latest, most clinically relevant literature, with selected expert commentaries
- Ask The Expert: National and international thought leaders answer questions pertaining to aesthetic enhancement
- Patient Education: Educational handouts can be downloaded to assist practitioners with patient management
AestheticEnhance.org was developed with funding through an educational grant from Allergan, Inc.
Professional Postgraduate Services® (PPS)
Professional Postgraduate Services® (PPS) develops medical education activities designed to meet the needs of practicing physicians. Working with medical leaders, PPS designs and implements effective programs to meet specific educational objectives. Our overall goal is to conduct activities that will enhance physician knowledge in such a way as to have a positive impact on patient care and quality of life. Program formats are based on careful evaluation of message complexity, goals, audience needs, and budget, always taking advantage of proven training methodologies and interactivity. PPS develops medical education programs consistent with the Essentials and Standards of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education as well as guidelines established by the AMA, PhRMA, and FDA.