In order to change your life and become the successful person that you want to be, you need to define your own personal success by asking yourself what you want to achieve, and create a 'life plan' listing all of your goals and long-term ambitions. It doesn't need to be highly detailed, even jotting down some immediate goals and sticking to them will do
New York, NY (PRWEB) March 20, 2008
What's the secret to a successful life? It differs from individual to individual, who each view success differently. Aspirations are influenced by our upbringing, our environment, our self image, family, friends and co-workers. There are many ingredients that go into making a truly successful life and The Life Guide: 10 Things You Need To Know About Everything That Matters (March 2008, ISBN: 0137135556), offers a "recipe" for anyone interested in creating a more successful, productive and healthy life.
"In order to change your life and become the successful person that you want to be, you need to define your own personal success by asking yourself what you want to achieve, and create a 'life plan' listing all of your goals and long-term ambitions. It doesn't need to be highly detailed, even jotting down some immediate goals and sticking to them will do," said Robert Ashton, the author of The Life Guide.
In steps of 10, The Life Guide shows people how to indentify, define, plan and achieve their life's goals, resulting in a happier and more successful life. The book also provides steps for people dealing with self-doubt and defining happiness. In total, Robert Ashton gives you 700 ways to change your life, one small step at a time!
The Life Guide offers the following 10 ways to achieve your goals and long-term ambitions:
1. Take short steps- You don't climb a ladder in one step and self-improvement is just the same. Break every change you want to make into short steps, and take them one at a time.
2. Write it down - The act of committing your plans to paper makes them firmer in your mind.
3. Have heroes - Study the lives of people who have succeeded at what you want to do. Understand how they did it and recognize that they often struggled for years before achieving fame and fortune.
4. Pace yourself - You need to aim high, but make sure you leave enough time for the journey.
5. Be realistic - You might fantasize about visiting the moon, but getting to the Grand Canyon is easier.
6. Get a mentor - Family, friend or someone at work. Find someone willing to listen and offer encouragement and support.
7. Mark milestones - Mark each milestone along the way with a small reward. It's important to recognize and celebrate each significant achievement.
8. Look over your shoulder - It's all too easy to focus on where you're heading, but equally important not to forget just how far you've come already.
9. Benchmark - All it means is find someone heading in the same direction and measure your progress against theirs.
10. Think positive - Keep telling yourself it's possible and it will be. Let doubts grow in your mind and it'll all seem too overwhelming.
"Success is really about feeling that you belong, that you are getting noticed, and that what you are doing is good for both you and the people around you. It sounds simple, but of course the complexities of life make it quite difficult," sums up Ashton.
To request a copy of The Life Guide, 10 Things You Need To Know About Everything That Matters, or to schedule an interview with Robert Ashton, please contact me at 212-641-6627 or email@example.com
About the Author
Robert Ashton is an author, activist, speaker, and entrepreneur. He works with people who want to make a difference, including entrepreneurs, social activists, charity managers, and individuals working to create their own life plans. Ashton's books include How to Sell, The Entrepreneur's Book of Checklists, Copywriting in a Week, Business Alchemy in a Week, and Teach Yourself Life at 50-for Men.
About FT Press
FT Press publishes high-quality books in the areas of General Business, Finance and Investing, Sales and Marketing, Leadership, Management and Strategy, Human Resources, and Global Business. Our brand is built on the concept of signing and publishing the world's best minds on the most relevant topics.
About Pearson Education
Educating 100 million people worldwide, Pearson Education (http://www.pearsoned.com) is the global leader in educational publishing, providing research-based print and digital programs to help students of all ages learn at their own pace, in their own way. The company is home to such renowned publishing brands as Pearson Prentice Hall, Pearson Addison Wesley, Pearson Longman, Pearson Allyn & Bacon, Pearson Benjamin Cummings, Pearson Custom Publishing, and others. Pearson Education is part of Pearson (NYSE: PSO), the international media company. In addition to Pearson Education, Pearson's primary operations include the Financial Times Group and the Penguin Group.
The Life Guide, 10 Things You Need To Know About Everything That Matters