Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 22, 2008 -
Just in time for the first day of spring, The Weather Channel Interactive, Inc. (TWCI) today announced the debut of an enhanced Allergies and Pollen section on weather.com. The section features local and travel pollen forecasts, allergy help center, tips and advice on common triggers and relief techniques as well as a pollen almanac. As one of the most extensive network of pollen reporting sits available today, this section provides user with an array of resourceful allergy and pollen information. The site is available at http://www.weather.com/allergies.
Key features of the Allergies and Pollen section include:
- The enhanced & expanded PollenCast and Travel PollenCast, allows users to plan ahead with a localized, 4-day expanded grass, tree, and weed pollen forecast for pollen activity as well as offers expert advice and tips for traveling with allergies.
- Ask the Allergist: users can submit allergy questions for review by a panel of expert allergists and view a detailed database of the most frequently asked questions.
- Common Allergy Triggers: the most comprehensive allergen database on the web with over 1,500 allergens featured and allows users to search state-by-state for detailed information on allergenic plants.
- Pollen Hotspots and Pollen Almanac: allows users to see which cities are experiencing the highest pollen activity for the next two days as well as allow them to view past weather conditions and pollen activity to learn what had them feeling down.
- Allergy Tips, Natural Allergy Relief and Seasonal Health News: provides a comprehensive library of expert articles and timely seasonal health news on Kids & Allergies, Allergy Treatment, Natural Allergy Relief (from Alternative Medicine Magazine) and Asthma Care and Prevention; also offers a daily newsfeed from the leader in health news, WebMD.com.
- Your Allergies & the Weather: allows users to explore the relationship between the weather and their allergies; and learn how weather conditions affect allergy symptoms.
About The Weather Channel Interactive:
The Weather Channel Interactive is the leading provider of broadband and wireless weather products including weather.com, Desktop Weather by The Weather Channel, and The Weather Channel Mobile. weather.com, the Web site of The Weather Channel, is the ultimate source of weather on the Web helping users plan their lives by delivering timely current conditions, expert forecasts and relevant lifestyle content for 98,000 locations worldwide. The Weather Channel reaches more than 35 million unique users online each month and is the most popular source of online weather, news and information according to Nielsen//NetRatings. The Weather Channel Interactive also provides consumers with unique and customizable products such as Desktop Weather and a full lineup of mobile services including downloads, messaging, mobile Web, and mobile video. Other TWCi sites include forGetaway.com, a vacation home rental site, Forecast Earth, a site dedicated to the discussion of climate change, and a series of international sites, including http://www.weather.co.uk, http://www.meteo123.com, http://www.wetter123.com, http://www.canaldotempo.com and http://www.weather.com/espanol.
For more information on The Weather Channel Companies, including press releases, images, executive information and backgrounders please visit http://www.weather.com/press.