Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) March 24, 2008
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Neuro-Oncology Program to host 8th Annual Brain Tumor Conference, April 18th & 19th, 2008.
This years conference aims to connect brain cancer patients, survivors and family members with leading experts in the fields of Neuro-Oncology, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Radiation Oncology, Nutrition, Genetics, Psychiatry, Psychology, Radiology, Neuropathology and Medical Informatics.
The free two day conference will offer participants the opportunity to hear leading healthcare professionals speak about the latest treatments for brain tumors, how brain tumors work and issues related to quality of life, nutrition and mental health. Through this conference, the Neuro-Oncology Programs will promote the sharing of information and experiences between brain tumor survivors, their families, friends and health care professionals.
The meeting will be held April 18th & 19th, 2008 on the UCLA campus at Bradley International Hall.
The conference is free and pre-registration is required. Early registration is encouraged as conference space and materials are limited. Conference Participants may register securely online and view updated conference schedule and events by visiting http://www.neurooncology.ucla.edu
Professionals scheduled to speak include:
- Timothy Cloughesy, M.D. Director of UCLA Neuro-Oncology Program
- Richard Green, M.D. Director of Kaiser Permanente (Los Angeles) Neuro-Oncology
- Antonio DeSalles , M.D. UCLA Neuro-Surgery
- Linda Liau, M.D., UCLA Neuro-Surgery
- Albert Lai, M.D., Ph.D UCLA Neuro-Oncology Program
- Leia Nghiemphu, M.D. UCLA Neuro-Oncology Program
- Pablo Villablanca M.D UCLA Department of Radiological Science
- Pam Hoff, LCSW UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Tom Kaleita, Ph.D. UCLA Psychiatry
- Carolyn Katzin, MS, CNS
- Paul Mischel, M.D. UCLA Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Sheila Stinnett UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Susan Bookheimer M.D., Professor - UCLA Psych & Biobehavioral Science
- Joanna Morales, Esq., Director - Cancer Legal Resource Center
- Mary Hardy M.D., UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Nanette Fong, MSN NP - Nurse Practioner - UCLA Neuro-Oncology Program
- David Wallenstein M.D., Asst Professor - UCLA Family Medicine
- Malcolm Schultz, The Wellness Community of West Los Angeles
- Carrie Graham MSN NP - UCLA Neuro-Oncology Clinical Trials
- Joanna Morales, Esq.
Visit http://www.neurooncology.ucla.edu for updated conference schedule, events and online registration.
Event to be held at:
UCLA Campus at Bradley International Hall
417 Charles E. Young Dr. West
Los Angeles CA 90095
(Located near the corner of Gayley Avenue & Strathmore Drive.)
Parking is available at lot 8 for $8. For more information, inquire at the parking kiosk on Westwood Plaza (south of Strathmore Drive).
All Information content hereof is designed for educational purposes only and is not for the purpose of rendering medical advice or professional services. The information provided should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or a disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. Any specific questions you may have regarding an individual's medical condition should be directed to the individual's primary care physician or other attending physician. In addition, if you have or suspect you may have a health problem, you should consult your health care provider.
(c) 2008 UCLA Neuro-Oncology Program