Newport Coast, CA (PRWEB) March 25, 2008
Many home-based business owners, while passionate about the product they market, still struggle to increase sales, grow their downlines and find the right work-life balance in their lives. According to internationally-recognized motivational speaker Pat Pearson, these seven success secrets can make the difference between floundering and flourishing:
1. Motivation - What keeps you motivated? Motivation represents a delicate balance between the push of discomfort and the pull of hope. Too much of either can be discouraging, so find the balance that works for you.
2. Overcoming Challenges - Overcoming adversity in business requires resilience--the ability to bounce back quickly. How can you do this? First, decide to change. Second, commit to doing things differently. Third, honor your process as you deal with the challenge. Lastly, learn from your struggles and note what you can do better next time.
3. Stop the Self-Sabotage - Most of us say we want greater success, better health or more loving relationships, but our unconscious limiting beliefs keep us from having those very things. In essence, we "snatch defeat from the jaws of victory." Learn the skills to eliminate these self-defeating barriers.
4. Think Abundantly - Quite simply, this means changing your focus from scarcity to abundance by aiming your thoughts toward what you want rather than on what you don't want. Then, expect that the desired results will be yours.
5. Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence - Self-esteem is unconditional loving and appreciation of yourself for who you are, for "being" you. Self-confidence is conditional acknowledgment for performing, for "doing" something well, such as earning a sales bonus. Both are required to feel that you deserve the very best.
6. Work Smarter, Not Harder - You've no doubt heard this one before, and for good reason. We can all learn to do better in less time. The secret to working smarter is to do what you love and are good at, then delegate the rest. Remember to break large goals down into small bites...and have fun!
7. Recruiting Magic - Gain an understanding of the four cycles of change--Go For It, Doldrums, Cocooning, Getting Ready--and how they affect your ability to recruit. Also consider, what is the gift your business has given you? Your efforts will be most effective when you start with gratitude and approach recruitment as a gift that you are offering to someone else.
Whether your business is skin care, nutrition or fashion, these insider tips are sure to bring you all the success you can handle--if you follow them. More information on Pat Pearson's approach can be found at http://www.PatPearson.com.
About Pat Pearson
Pat Pearson, MSSW, is an internationally known author and motivational speaker with a passion for inspiring individuals to claim their own personal excellence. A clinical therapist for over 30 years, She has spoken to over 250,000 direct selling professionals and has worked with more than 300 companies in the U.S. Pat has given thousands of presentations worldwide to organizations including Mary Kay Cosmetics, The Pampered Chef, Weekenders Casual Wear, IBM, American Airlines, Travelers Insurance and Century 21.