Most people these days share their computer access with family, roommates or coworkers
Oklahoma City, OK (PRWEB) March 26, 2008
PrivacySoftware.biz, the leading provider of in-depth and unbiased reviews of privacy and anonymous web browsing software, today announced its top recommended privacy programs for 2008. The first category reviewed by the editors of PrivacySoftware.biz was the history and evidence eraser software category.
This category covered computer programs that offer the following functions:
- The ability to locate and permanently erase Internet search history and web browsing history from all major web browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape, AOL, Opera and others.
- The ability to scan and erase files associated with instant messaging software such as AOL Instant Messenger, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ Messenger, Google Talk, Skype and others.
- The ability to find and remove temporary files from Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and others.
- The ability to search and erase multimedia files such as Real Player files, Windows Media Files, DivX video files, QuickTime files and others.
- The ability to permanently remove files associated with file sharing services.
- The ability to permanently remove unwanted emails from email clients such as Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Eudora and others.
- The ability to locate and erase other temporary or permanent files including Adobe Acrobat files, Macromedia Flash files and more.
The top recommended software for this category is ParetoLogic Privacy Controls. Other software that received consideration included the CyberScrub Privacy Suite and the Webroot Windows Washer.
Jason Keith, managing editor of PrivacySoftware.biz, said programs like ParetoLogic Privacy Controls provide a much-needed solution to consumers who wish to keep their computer and Internet activities private.
"Most people these days share their computer access with family, roommates or coworkers," said Keith. "This leaves them vulnerable to someone else snooping in on their web browser history and learning things they may wish to keep private. Software like Privacy Controls permanently remove these files and histories so that what you do online remains your business, not someone else's."
The other software category reviewed by the PrivacySoftware.biz editorial team was the anonymous Web surfing category.
This category covered software with the following features:
- The ability to protect your IP address from online snoops and keep them from tracking your browsing history and purchasing patterns.
- Enhancement features to existing antivirus and firewall programs, which provide added protection against cyber criminals who attempt to detect personal information through schemes such as phishing and pharming.
- The ability to safely and securely surf a website without the website being able to track back to your computer.
- The ability to frequently change IP addresses.
In this category, the editors of PrivacySoftware.biz were split on which software was the top selection so the result was a tie. The two programs, which share the honor of top anonymous web surfing software, were Anonymizer and Hide IP Platinum.
Keith said the decision was tough, but the editorial team felt either program would be a good choice for consumers.
"We looked hard at both Anonymizer and Hide IP Platinum to try and separate them and determine a true winner for our award," said Keith. "In the end, they are both superb programs and we are happy to recommend either one to consumers who want to surf the Internet anonymously and protect their identities."
PrivacySoftware.biz is a trusted source for free in-depth reviews and articles related to online privacy and anonymous surfing software. The editors of PrivacySoftware.biz regularly search the industry to find the best software and keep up with the latest trends relating to Internet privacy concerns. Consumers interested in reading reviews or articles can do so by visiting the website at http://privacysoftware.biz.