Leipzig, Germany (PRWEB) March 27, 2008
The results prove that ipoque PRX-5G provides a near 100 percent detection accuracy at full gigabit network load making it the ideal choice bandwidth management solution for carriers and large ISPs.
As noted in EANTC's summary report, "EANTC engineers configured a multi service, carrier grade test setup to challenge the product by a large number of parallel P2P sessions/protocols and legacy Internet services alike." The tests were conducted using carrier-grade IP routers in conjunction with test equipment from Ixia and Shenick. In various scenarios found in today's real-world networks, the testers generated over 3 million parallel sessions at a data rate of 971 Mbit/s with a mix of P2P and legacy Internet applications. The Ixia and Shenick analysis systems were used to emulate 134,115 IP clients with individual TCP stacks plus 2,000 IP clients running latency-sensitive applications like IPTV and VoIP.
Even under this tremendous load, PRX-5G performed according to its specification. The EANTC test engineers summarize: "The results proved that large parallel session numbers and different sent protocols have very limited and reproducible impact on throughput performance and latency. All offered P2P protocols were successfully detected, which proved active detection operation."
Emulating more hostile network environments, EANTC found that "the ipoque PRX-5G was able to detect obfuscated traffic", "was able to detect and regulate encrypted peer-to-peer traffic" and "showed successful detection of peer-to-peer traffic even if traffic was split by an asymmetric routing path." The summary test report is available at http://www.ipoque.com/products/prx_traffic_manager/prx-5g.
Test Result Snapshot
- 13 P2P client types including 10 P2P protocols: BitTorrent (Azureus & µTorrent), eDonkey (eMule & aMule), Gnutella (Limewire & Shareaza), FastTrack (KaZaa), FileTopia, iMesh (BearShare), WinMX, MP2P (Manolito), Soulseek, DirectConnect
- 37,800 parallel P2P sessions in total
- A total of 2,405,900 parallel legacy Internet sessions (HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP3)
- 971 Mbit/s of bidirectional trafﬁc for 30 seconds
- Close to 100% detection & regulation accuracy for all major P2P protocols
- Close to 80% detection rate for asymmetric P2P traffic
- PRX-5G was able to sustain even the highest presented load
- Zero packet loss up to 922 Mbit/s
- Unregulated TCP sessions did not encounter increased TCP retransmissions or significantly larger session loss
- Detection capabilities are unaffected by the network load
- Support for at least 3,150,000 parallel sessions
- Transparent network integration with limited effects on throughput and latency
- Average latency of 220µs
- Other applications were not affected and the average latency of IP traffic did not change during traffic regulation
ipoque is the leading European provider of Internet traffic management solutions. Designed for Internet service providers, enterprises and educational institutions, ipoque's PRX Traffic Manager allows to effectively monitor, shape and optimize network applications. These include the most critical and hard-to-detect protocols used for peer-to-peer file sharing (P2P), instant messaging (IM), Voice over IP (VoIP), tunneling and media streaming, but also many legacy applications. Visit http://www.ipoque.com for details.
EANTC is an internationally recognized test centre. It provides objective, vendor neutral network test facilities for manufacturers, service providers and enterprise customers.
The fundamental business areas include interoperability, conformance and performance testing for broadband network technologies and applications as well as a range of industry respected consulting services and seminars. Visit http://www.eantc.com for information about EANTC.