London, United Kingdom (PRWEB) March 31, 2008
Red Herring today announced that Mydeo was named a Finalist of Red Herring 100 Europe, an award given to the top 100 private technology companies based in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region each year.
"This year's impressive list of submissions from companies demonstrates Europe's growing role as a major centre of innovation in the global technology sector," said Red Herring Editor-in-Chief Joel Dreyfuss. "The exceptional accomplishments of European technology start-ups and entrepreneurs are a testament to the rapid advancements being made in building the European innovation ecosystem."
"It's really pleasing to be being recognised after some significant achievements this year," said Mydeo CEO Cary Marsh. "We have some great new relationships and exciting times ahead, both here in Europe and across the globe. And its great to be in such good company!"
Red Herring's lists of top private companies are an important part of the publication's tradition of identifying new and innovative technology companies and entrepreneurs. Companies like Google, eBay, and Skype were spotted in their early days by Red Herring editors, and touted as leaders that would change the way we live and work.
Red Herring's editorial staff rigorously evaluated several hundred private companies through a careful analysis of financial data and subjective criteria, including quality of management, execution of strategy, and dedication to research and development.
Red Herring will honour the Red Herring 100 Europe Finalist companies at its Red Herring Europe 2008 event. Scheduled for April 14-16, at the Westin Dragonara Resort, this intimate, three-day event is themed "The Pursuit of Disruption" and will explore how European firms are leading the charge in many technology sectors, gaining the competitive advantage, and driving entrepreneurial success in ways that create business opportunities for challengers and incumbents alike.
About Red Herring
Red Herring is a global media company which unites the world's best high technology innovators, venture investors and business decision makers in a variety of forums: a leading innovation magazine, an online daily technology news service, technology newsletters and major events for technology leaders around the globe. Red Herring provides an insider's access to the global innovation economy, featuring unparalleled insights on the emerging technologies driving the economy. More information about Red Herring is available on the Internet at http://www.redherring.com.
Founded in 2005 by Cary Marsh and Iain Millar, Mydeo won a Research & Development Grant for Technical Innovation from the UK Department of Trade and Industry. Mydeo provides quality global streaming video hosting for home and business users. The site provides simple online tools that help users upload and distribute videos to friends, family, customers and prospects, as well as live statistics to track how popular videos have been. Microsoft's first and only European Windows Movie Maker hosting partner, the service now has close to 200,000 users spanning over 180 countries.
- Blackberry Women in Technology Awards, Best Use of Technology by a Woman in Small to Medium Business Finalist 2008
- ISPA Awards, Best Streaming Service finalist 2008
- Everywoman Iris Award Winner 2007
- Red Herring Europe 100 finalist 2007
- Courvoisier 'The Future 500' list 2007
- Sharpe Edge awards, Best e-Company finalist 2007
- ISPA Awards, Best Streaming Service finalist 2007
- IWA Europe 'Best Streaming Innovation' finalist 2007
- WebUser Magazine 'Best New Websites' 2006
- Blackberry Women in Technology Awards, Best Use of Technology finalist 2006
- HSBC Start-up Stars Regional Winner 2006
- NatWest Startup Awards, Best Use of Technology finalist 2006
- ISPA Awards, Best Streaming Service finalist 2006
- Growing Business Magazine '50 to watch for 2006'
- Real Business Magazine 'Young Guns 2006'
- Digital Video Magazine Gold Award Winner 2006
Notes to Press
For further information please go to http://www.mydeo.com or contact press @ mydeo.com 44(0) 7799 622 146
For previous press releases: http://www.mydeo.com/press.