St.Petersburg, Russia (PRWEB) March 27, 2008
PROMT, a leading developer of machine translation products and services, is pleased to announce that its new free online translation service is now available in beta at http://beta.online-translator.com. The service supports 24 translation directions for English, Russian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, and Italian. Individuals and businesses interested in online translation services are encouraged to test the new service and provide feedback before the final release.
The PROMT Online Translation Service offers users the opportunity to enter or paste blocks of text for immediate translation, or enter a url to translate a web page.
- Two mode interface. Two modes are supported: basic and advanced. The basic mode is intended for users wanting fast, one-click translation, while the advanced mode is designed for users who will want to fine-tune the automated translation results and offers spellchecking, dictionary access, and the ability to print and email the translated text.
- Website translator. Users can switch between the original and translated versions of the web page to compare the source and translated text. The original text is also displayed when the user points to the translated text to assist in fine-tuning the results.
- Translations are based on the latest version 8.0 PROMT translation technology used in the client and server machine translation products.
PROMT is particularly looking for feedback users in the areas of:
- Strengths and weaknesses of the simple and advanced services
- Preferred controls in advanced mode
- User interface and general usability
Feedback is requested through the feedback form in the beta site at http://beta.online-translator.com/Feedback.aspx
Free Online Presentation
PROMT will also present a web-based preview of the new Online Translation Service on April 1, 2008 at 3pm GMT (7pm Moscow time). Anyone interested in attending should go to: https://e-promt.webex.com/mw0304l/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=e-promt&service=6, and click the Enroll button. Confirmation and attendance instructions will be sent via email. Attendance is limited to the first 100 applicants.
PROMT was founded in 1991 with the goal of creating tools to enable people to communicate easily and effectively, breaking down language barriers between them. Today, the company is a leading provider of innovative machine translation solutions for web sites, corporate intranets, PCs and handheld devices under the trademark @promt. The company offers automatic bidirectional translation in seven languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Russian, with a total of 24 translation directions for over 100 specialized domains. Customers include AOL, Siemens AG, NASA, DaimlerChrysler, DHL, and Metro Group. Further information is available at http://www.promt.com.
# # #