Paramus, NJ (PRWEB) March 29, 2008
Chris Rosica, CEO of Rosica Strategic Public Relations (http://www.rosica.com), a national public relations firm based in New York and New Jersey, recently addressed the Albany chapter of Entrepreneurs' Organization on how to create a powerful brand, produce a strategic marketing advantage and optimally position a company for sale, as profiled in Rosica's book, "The Authentic Brand: How Today's Top Entrepreneurs Connect With Customers" (Noble Press/2007).
The book goes inside the minds and boardrooms of 12 successful brand builders: Ben Cohen, Ben & Jerry's Homemade; Jerry Greenfield, Ben & Jerry's Homemade; Bobbi Brown, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics; David Neeleman, JetBlue Airways; David Oreck, Oreck Corporation; Kate and Andy Spade, kate spade inc.; Roxanne Quimby, Burt's Bees; Gary Hirshberg, Stonyfield Farm; Jeff Taylor, Monster.com; Jerry Baldwin, Starbucks; Jim Koch, Samuel Adams Beer; and Wally Amos, The Famous Amos Cookie Company.
What do Bobbi Brown, David Oreck, Wally Amos, Ben & Jerry and these other entrepreneurs have in common?
Besides being extremely successful and highly recognizable brands, they ARE their brands. Each entrepreneur has cornered the market in very different genres by connecting directly with their customers. Their strategic, yet authentic business models share five common denominators of success. They each:
- Use storytelling as a powerful marketing and branding tool
- Build brand credibility and accountability through being their company's highly-visibility spokesperson
- Enhance brand awareness and customer loyalty through getting involved in helping charitable organizations and forming cause-related marketing partnerships
- Speak to their customers' intelligence and maintain the brand promises to promote trust and enhance brand equity
- Create a unique corporate culture to attract like-minded employees
Held at a restaurant in Schenectady, NY, each attendee received a copy of the book, which is available at http://www.theauthenticbrand.com or amazon.com.