The Netherlands (PRWEB) March 30, 2008
Scala, the leading provider of end-to-end solutions for the digital signage market, today announced it will be exhibiting at POPAI Marketing at Retail, Paris in France, April 1 - 3, 2008. Visit Scala at stand G11 in Hall 7.1.
Marketing at Retail showcases the complete range of marketing and communications solutions available to the retail industry. Marketing at-Retail 2008 show brings together 180 exhibitors, 8,000 visitors, a program of more than 20 conferences…and 400 competing promotional materials within the scope of the European POPAI Awards competition.
Marketing Point de Vente - Marketing at Retail provides a comprehensive and clear offering centred on 3 areas of expertise:
1 - POP advertising, POP Information, Merchandising
2 - Store fitting, Commercial Architecture and Design
3 - Digital Media
Scala will be highlighting its next generation digital signage software platform, InfoChannel 5. Scala continues to exceed customer expectations by providing leading-edge software solutions for both small and large digital signage projects around the world through its global network of over 450 partners. InfoChannel 5 further extends the benefits and ROI of digital signage and corporate communications networks.
The highlight of the show will be the release of InfoChannel 5 Version 3.0. Version 3.0 represents Scala's ongoing commitment to excellence and our customers. New features in this release include:
- InfoChannel now has a new high-performance video-playback engine that provides faster videos playback, including 60fps video, and HD video on suitable hardware
- InfoChannel now supports playback of H.264 (MPEG-4) video files. H.264 offers high visual quality at a smaller file size than MPEG-2 or WMV files
- You can create text in languages such as Arabic, Thai, Hebrew, Hindi, Vietnamese, and other complex writing systems
- The new Broadcast Server module for InfoChannel Content Manager allows you to distribute content and plans to players using a multicast or package delivery network
- Support for playing and controlling external audio sources from the "Line Input" of your sound card
- When setting up a dual-channel player, you can now configure the PC's displays to be in spanning/ stretched mode, which performs better and looks cleaner than using two independent displays
- Support for text-entry field elements from the Buttons panel allowing you to create interactive applications that take keyboard input
- If your InfoChannel Player is behind a proxy server, you can now specify the proxy server's URL, username, and password
- In InfoChannel Content Manager, sub-playlists can be easily created by multi-selecting media items and clicking Create Sub-Playlist
- Text elements using variables, and text crawls now support in-line and adjacent style changes for font, color, italics, size, etc.
- In InfoChannel Content Manager, you now "synchronize players" instead of "generating plans", and the new Distribution screen efficiently manages this for both conventional and broadcast connections.
Founded in 1987, Scala pioneered the Digital Signage industry and today remains the world's largest provider of software for creating digital signage networks, driving more screens that all competitors combined. The company's InfoChannel product line is used for dynamic digital media networks in retail, education, entertainment, government and other industries for diverse applications such as Retail Advertising networks (Retail TV), Corporate Communications (Employee TV), Digital Billboards, Digital Menu Boards, Digital Posters, Community Access channels (Cable TV), Hotel lobby signage and information channels, Gas Pump "toppers", Convention Center Signage, Interactive touch-screens and Kiosks, etc. The Company's cutting-edge InfoChannel software platform powers thousands of digital signs around the world including the digital signage networks of Rabobank, IKEA, Bloomberg, Burger King, T-Mobile, Virgin MegaStore, EuroDisney, Kiwi, McDonalds, Warner Brothers, Santiago Airport, Ericsson, The Life Channel, Rikstoto, FuelCast, Repsol, Shell, NorgesGruppen, The Wall Street Journal Office Network and many more. Scala is today headquartered near Philadelphia, PA and has wholly-owned subsidiaries in The Netherlands, France, Norway, and Japan with a direct presence in a number of other locations and countries. Scala's products are primarily sold through an international network of Scala Certified Partners. More information is available at http://www.scala.com.