Tampa, FL (PRWEB) April 25, 2008
Floridians can get a healthy fill of fresh fruits and vegetables during May's food festivals. Watermelon, tomatoes, zucchini, and sweet corn are among the headliners, so feast guilt-free for a change.
"Dietitians and other health experts recommend several servings of fruit and vegetables daily," says Joan Steinbacher, author of "Food Fest! Your Complete Guide to Florida's Food Festivals." "And what better or more fun way to meet that quota than at a food festival?"
But fruits and veggies aren't the only food worth celebrating in May. There are the requisite seafood festivals and events featuring unexpected foods like olive oil or honey. And if you have a sense of adventure, head out to the wild game feast.
So don't miss out on another fun Florida food event. Here's what's coming to Florida in May 2008:
- DeLand - Wild Game Feast (May 1)
- Fort Lauderdale - Las Olas Wine and Food Festival (May 1)
- St. Cloud - Smoke 'n Blues BBQ (May 2-3)
- Fernandina Beach - Isle Of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival (May 2-4)
- Pensacola - Crawfish Creole Fiesta (May 2-4)
- Panacea - Blue Crab Festival (May 3)
- Tampa - Sea Grapes Fine Wine and Food Festival (May 3)
- Fort Lauderdale - International Olive Oil Festival (May 3-4)
- Ruskin - Tomato Festival (May 3-4)
- Naples - Taste of Collier (May 4)
- Mount Dora - Taste of Mount Dora (May 4)
- New Port Richey - Cotee River Seafood Festival and Boat Show (May 9-11)
- Gainesville - Windsor Zucchini Festival (May 10)
- St. Pete Beach - Tampa Bay Wine and Food Festival (May 15-17)
- Panama City - National Shrimp and Oyster Festival (May 16-18)
- Newberry - Watermelon Festival (May 17)
- Tampa - Chili Fest (May 17)
- Wewahitchka - Tupelo Honey Festival (May 17)
- Arcadia - DeSoto County Watermelon Festival (May 19)
- Zellwood - Sweet Corn Festival (May 24-25)
- Palatka - Blue Crab Festival (May 24-26)
For additional information and more events, visit the "Food Fest!" website at http://www.FoodFestGuide.com.
And for a limited time only, "Food Fest! Your Complete Guide to Florida's Food Festivals," is on sale for 40% off the cover price! But hurry, this special offer ends May 31, 2008. Visit http://www.FoodFestGuide.com to order your copy of the ultimate "foodies" travel guide.