Pittsburgh PA (PRWEB) May 2, 2008
Top Coal, Coal-to-Liquids & Coal-Biomass-to-Liquids executives will meet in Pittsburgh, USA on June 23-24 this year for the CTLtec Americas 2008 summit. Key amongst the issues addressed will the projected potential of Clean Coal & Biomass technologies paving the way to an energy independent America. CTLtec Americas 2008 will also address environmental concerns with CO2 sequestration and Water management practices.
About CTLtec Amercias 2008 in Pittsburgh
The CTLtec series has run successfully over the past five years, attracting over 600 top coal executives from all over the world. CTLtec Americas 2008 capitalizes on its experience as the first and premier Coal to Liquids & Coal-Biomass-to-Liquids industry forum and aims to emphasize the role of Coal gasification and liquefaction as an alternative energy source in the Americas.
Previous attendees at CTLtec have rated the conference very highly. BP's E&P Technologies Advisor aptly summed up the CTLtec experience when he said that CTLtec "Carved a Window on Coal".
Over the two main days of the CTLtec Americas 2008 conference panelists will address 9 major issues concerning coal-biomass to liquid, gasification & liquefaction in project financing, and environmental concerns. Some of these issues include:
- The NTEL's roadmap and regulatory policies in Coal & Biomass conversion
- Status of the latest coal and biomass projects developing in the US
- Water requirements for Coal and Biomass gasification and liquefaction projects
- Successful Carbon sequestration and storage.
- The commercial viability of Clean Coal and Coal-to-Liquids projects in the US
Some of the major papers presented at CTLtec Americas 2008 (23-24 June, Pittsburgh):
- Direction and Roadmap to Realise the Clean Energy Potential of Domestic Coal by Daniel Cicero, Technology Manager at NETL
- Sasol's experience and Global Footprint in CTL Projects by Chris Turner, President of Sasol's USA CTL Ventures.
- Low GHG Liquid Fuels from Coal plus Biomass by Dr. Eric D. Larson of the Princeton Environmental Institute- Princeton University.
- Keys to Successfully structuring the financing of CTL Projects by Todd Alexander, Partner at Chadborune & Parke LLP
- Managing Water Requirement in Coal Conversion Projects by Mr. William A. Shaw, Senior Process Engineer from HPD, a Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies company.
- CAAFI's Certification and Acceptance Approach for Synthetic Fuels Blends by Mark Rumizen from the Commercial Aviation Alternative Fuels Initiative
- CO2 Geologic Storage by John Tombari, the Vice President (North and South America) of Schlumberger Carbon Services.
- CTL Production Experience in China by Mr. Cui Minli, Chief Engineer of China Shenhua Coal Liquefaction Corp. Ltd.
In addition to papers presented by the industry's key players, CTLtec Americas 2008 also has over 8 hours of business networking with key stakeholders, national & transnational organizations, financial, environmental, regulatory & non-governmental organizations. Networking at CTLtec has always been a highly-rated hallmark. At the most recent CTLtec in Beijing, delegates rated the networking opportunities highly. Total's Coal Conversion manager echoed these sentiments when he commented that "CTLtec is a good opportunity for networking in the CTL world"
However, the CTLtec Americas 2008 experience does not end with the two day event alone. For those who wish to understand the production process of Synthetic fuels, the post conference master-class, FISCHER-TROPSCH Workshop by Dr. Rafael L Espinoza, Vice President and co-founder of Emerging Fuels Technology will provide a through introduction to the critical Fischer Tropsch process which is central to the manufacture of synthetic fuels from Coal and Biomass.
To be held on 25 June 2008, the post conference FISCHER-TROPSCH Workshop will examine the following:
- The Fischer-Tropsch catalyst
- Selectivity of primary Fischer-Tropsch products
- Cooling and catalyst/wax separation reactors
- Final product properties
Those wanting to keep up with the rapidly expanding Clean Coal & Biomass industries need to visit http://www.cmtevents.com to find out more about CTLtec Americas 2008 and register for the conference & post-conference workshop.
About CMT-Centre for Management Technology
CMT is dedicated to the provision of the latest global technology and business information in the chemical industry through high profile conferences focusing on renewable, liquid energy sources. CMT has organized industry specific conferences on Liquid Natural Gas, and LPG, ground breaking summit on technologies like Coal to Liquids, Gas to Liquids, and Bio-mass to Liquid, and alternative energy or future fuels forums like Biodiesel, Biofuels and Ethanol. This has established CMT as the market leader in promoting this nascent industry as an alternative global powerhouse.
CTLtec is a showcase of all the latest trends and shifts occurring in the Coal to liquids value chain, bringing together on a single platform, the best expertise to discuss and analyze the present and future dynamics of clean coal from a technological and socio-economic angle.
# # #